StuffedKDX250

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 10:38 PM
Default RE: StuffedKDX250

EMS, if I read what your asking correct they are talking about the little "L" shaped bracket the middle orange arrow is pointing to. It's designed to stop exactly what happened from happening. Kinda makes you worry that it's pointless weither it's on or not!

DS, sorry but like a few of the guys I can only offer sympathy. I have no experience with this.

Old 09-22-2007, 10:47 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: HawaiiRider

EMS, if I read what your asking correct they are talking about the little "L" shaped bracket the middle orange arrow is pointing to. It's designed to stop exactly what happened from happening. Kinda makes you worry that it's pointless weither it's on or not!
So I should put mine back on then?.......

Old 09-22-2007, 11:06 PM

Haha, well.... The typical thought process is He!! Yes. After seeing this, I'm not so sure. I'll leave mine on though. You don't have to put back on the plastic part that comes stock. That's just a mud collector, but the metal "L" is crucial.

Old 09-23-2007, 10:40 AM

Well once its all fixed I will ponder that very thought 'should I leave it on or off'...... deej thanks for the web site I found the case for $355 US, I have sent them an e-mail asking for shipping costs to Australia, if they are reasonable I will go ahead and get it. Guys thanx for your understanding, to tell you the truth I am 6feet tall and weight 200pounds and am not known as a weakling but yesterday I nearly cried ( go figure) LoL...I feel better today, I took the klx250r for a ride.

Old 09-23-2007, 06:24 PM
1st Gear Member

ds66.....when you do this repair, splitting the case and all, please take some time to take some pics while doing it. I have never split a case before and would luv to see some pics with hints Outboards are a solid block.

PS I'm willing to bet I would not be the only one to appreciate it...... Best of luck.

Hey I just thought of sumthin,it's Spring down under isn't it.

Old 09-23-2007, 11:55 PM

I will take heaps of pictures for 2 reasons,
1= I need to put it back together lol...
2 = sharing is caring and I love the way every one on the forum is always willing to help, if I can do anything in return I will... upload them as soon as I get them.
Yes it is spring in Perth at the moment and the best time of the year to ride... I own a 180 acre block just east of here next time we go riding at the block I will take some pics of the motoX track and the enduro track.