Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 12:52 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Stealth Exhaust

i hate obnoxious exhausts.

Old 11-21-2007, 02:35 PM
1st Gear Member

the new kl450 exhaust is suposed to be very quiet. How about a retro fit?

Hey dmar, I re-sized the picture for you, it was way too big. Even if I had a 30 inch monitor. I hope you don't mind.

Old 11-21-2007, 02:48 PM
1st Gear Member

With the Quiet Core insert the HMF is pretty quiet. I usually ride without it though, with all the Harley's up here my bike is the least of the problem. I still think it is a great muffler and the price is right!

Old 11-21-2007, 03:31 PM
1st Gear Member

Our house shares a driveway with four other houses. I usually head off to work between 6 and 7 AM. This is pretty much the only reason I care about a quiet exhaust. Most off-road riding around here is miles from civilization, so a louder exhaust is not a big deal to me.

Maybe I could run the HMF w/quiet core during the week, and take it off on the weekends. So, a couple of questions:

Is the quiet core on the HMF easy to remove and install?

Do you need to change jetting when switching between the two?

Old 11-21-2007, 03:36 PM
1st Gear Member

Very easy to install and remove (4-bolts). And no, you don't have to mess with the jetting.

Old 11-21-2007, 07:32 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: klx250s_rider

With the Quiet Core insert the HMF is pretty quiet. I usually ride without it though, with all the Harley's up here my bike is the least of the problem. I still think it is a great muffler and the price is right!

+1

With the quiet core if you want to be stealthy keep it under 6000rpm around the neighborhood. The pretty young moms pushing their baby carriages still smile and wave so you know it ain't too loud.

Old 11-21-2007, 09:03 PM
1st Gear Member

I would like to find something very quiet , I have the muzzy with quiet core and running on the road for a long period of time gets old quick when it's loud. I will not go back to stock due to the power loss, but quiet is good. I have an fz6 that is wisper quiet and I can ride all day.

Old 11-21-2007, 09:52 PM
1st Gear Member

Kawi Wawi is right, drilling a S muffler will disable the spark arrestor. Running a 300 muffler with no plug will still have an arrestor & be quieter than virtually anything aftermarket (except maybe the FMF Q?) but the 300 muffleris still quite a bit louder than stock.

Old 11-21-2007, 11:14 PM
1st Gear Member

I totally disagree with the spark arrestor being effected and its location in relationship to where you are drilling.

Old 11-21-2007, 11:33 PM
1st Gear Member

I drilled my exhaust and the only thing resembling a spark arrester was down beneath the 3rd plate/baffle. It was a cylinrical pipe with holes all along the sides of it, but it was capped off on the outermost end..I did not drill the end of it as i assumed this was the spark arrester and still would serve as such if left alone. It's not near the end of the exhaust at all as an earlier post in this thread would lead you to believe.

Quick Reply: Stealth Exhaust