Skid Plate - Beware of HyperformanceParts.com

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 12:16 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Skid Plate - Beware of HyperformanceParts.com

HYPERFORMANCEPARTS.COM was not friendly at all.

I bought the skid plate in the picture with the welded wings and I received a skip plate that was flat (a glide plate.. maybe). This thing had no wings at all to protect the hoses. And the picture clearly showed the welded wings.

Because it was sooo unlike the photo I called and said there must be a mistake, I want the one in the photo... with the welded wings.

There response was, " ... sorry we claim that the part you receive may not look like the photo."

Me: "Uhhhh I understand that parts can look a little different. I sell wood Cajons (hand drums) and make the same claim so that people don't think that they are getting the exact wood grain pattern shown. But guys, this is way off. Can you check to see if I got the wrong part?"

Me: again "You have a photo of a welded part and are shipping parts that have never even seen a welder."

Them: "Sorry..." and he hung up on me.

After he hung up on me... I said to myself, "I dont thik so..." I called Visa.

Then I called Scott (the manufacturer that drop shipped the Skid Plate) to let them know that their distributor HyperformanceParts.com is not making friends. They said I'll get my money back through Visa.

I asked if they wanted the part back. They said, "no, we'll get paid for it... Sell it on ebay..."

I laughed and said, "that is not my plan here guys... but it is funny."

If hyperformance wants it back, they can pick up for phone and ask me nicely.

Sorry for the Rant, but maybe I can save someone else the headache.

Utah Skid Plate is the one I'll order from after the credit comes through.

Old 07-12-2009, 01:54 AM
1st Gear Member

Everyone cry's about the economy and then some jack a$$ treats you like that. They'll go out of business and say "what happened?".........I was taught to treat every customer as if they were the last customer you'd see that day. Some douche at sears fought me over a $10 coupon after I spent $15,000 on all my appliances. He was the owner of the franchise. LOL

Old 07-12-2009, 11:45 AM
1st Gear Member

I had a similar issue with rather large camera shop in NYC. Took being patch to 7 deifferent peopleuntil I got a guy on that took ownershipof my problem and actually resolved it. He was not even in the right department. I sent an emailto the VP of Sales and he sent me a nasty gram back. We had a series of very nasty exchanges, he was the stereotype model for "not my job man". Finally ended when I said that I guess i was too old fashioned, that the customer is always right and taking ownership of the customers issues was too dinosaur. He promptly changed his tune and agreed with me and even appoligised. The gist of my original email was to give that one guy some well deserved praise. It is sad to deal with todays lack of responsibility.

There are some good ones still out there. I just ordered some geocaching supplies from two sisters in canada, they are a dream small company to deal with 24 hour turn around and ultra fast shipping, even to a military APO in the box.

You won't be disappointed with the Utah skid plate either! Nice people to deal with and a great product.

Oh, I still love the heck out of that drum! So does my boy. I'll be back for another one soon.

Old 07-12-2009, 01:22 PM
1st Gear Member

The sad part is that the guy who hung up on you was probably some teenager making $7/hr and he doesn't understand that he is helping his employer go out of business.

Old 07-12-2009, 03:31 PM
1st Gear Member

Its funny that you're gettting your money back and they're not getting their hunk of metal back

Old 07-13-2009, 01:42 PM
1st Gear Member

Welcome to the brave new world of predetory capitalism (and I beleive in capitalism),eat your tofu and shut up LOL. I'm only going to support honest and friendly suppliers. I too recommend the folks at Utah Skid Plates, nice folks and a quality product. Thanks SlapDrum for the heads up I'll avoid HYPERFORMANCEPARTS if for no other reason than the way they treated you as a customer. Forgive me but I'm going on a rant here. I went to Wal-fart the other day to get a mop. All they had was a bunch of cheap *** Chinese s%$#. They were like toy mops. But they have put everyone else out of bussiness, so it's getting to be that you don't even have a choice in the products you can buy. As consummers we need to start standing up to as@#&%! retailers and as citizens we need to start standing up to as@#&%! politicians that only care about reelection and campaign funding and not the interests of the people that elected them. Sorry but I had to vent.

Old 07-13-2009, 04:54 PM
1st Gear Member

The retardedness of hands-off Republicanism... "Every man for himself! Make all the money you can! Survival of only the worthy and rich!" Since we've had eight years of a government that could care less about the average American, these type of businesses are thriving.

Back to topic. How sturdy are these skidplates? Do they go all the way under the bike and replace the stock bash plate? My stock one is bent from, well, bashing it on logs LOL