Sitka Alaska

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 09:41 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Sitka Alaska

Goin' catching in Sitka Alaska in late Aug. We are thinking of showing up a couple days early. Anyone know if there is motorcycle rental there? Or anyone want to meet up for a free beer?

Old 04-17-2012, 10:39 PM
1st Gear Member

Bumping this. Its been a while since I was on the forum. I am am still holding out hope for some kind of bike rental in Sitka.

Old 04-17-2012, 11:49 PM
1st Gear Member

My wife's, friend's, sister's, husband, was stationed in Sitka when he was in the Coast Guard.
Sorry that's all I got. LOL
Have fun, I'd love to visit Alaska some day.
Dan

Old 04-18-2012, 01:09 AM
1st Gear Member

Doubt this helps...but I found one for sale.
It's a 2006 560 SR KTM SUPERMOTO BIKE
Sitka's Online Community • View topic - 2006 KTM SUPERMOTO BIKE
Maybe talk them into a rental?

Old 04-18-2012, 03:51 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

hmm, not sure on the bike rentals, but had a nice time there fishing and renting a kayak. lol

Old 04-18-2012, 05:31 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by NDKLX'd
Doubt this helps...but I found one for sale.
It's a 2006 560 SR KTM SUPERMOTO BIKE
Sitka's Online Community • View topic - 2006 KTM SUPERMOTO BIKE
Maybe talk them into a rental?
Thanks. If its still for sale in late Aug AND I can clear it with DHL to airfreight it I might offer him $3K crated. If the specs I found on the net were good, I think I could get it to Guam for less than $500.

Cheers, Jim

Old 04-18-2012, 05:34 AM
1st Gear Member

Thanks Dan and Dragone. We are going catching at a place called Talon Lodge which is a boat ride from Sitka but we plan on ariveing a couple days early. I dont feel the need to fish in those two days but would like to have a halfarse plan when we land. Thanks for the headsup that it has coastguard there. Ill see if any of the local coast guard guys were stationed there.

Cheers. Jim

Old 04-18-2012, 04:10 PM
1st Gear Member

Try Google, and/or CL (or if there's a local classifieds resource). We have LOTS of local rental places that will rent you an ATV, bike, snowmobile, PWC, etc. here. Gotta look for them locally though (nobody uses CL here, we have a HUGE local classifieds area on KSL).

Since you know where you're going, it shouldn't be too hard to do some research. Try asking the folks at the lodge you're going to stay at too. They may be able to provide some good leads...

Old 04-18-2012, 09:32 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by rgoers
Try Google, and/or CL (or if there's a local classifieds resource). We have LOTS of local rental places that will rent you an ATV, bike, snowmobile, PWC, etc. here. Gotta look for them locally though (nobody uses CL here, we have a HUGE local classifieds area on KSL).

Since you know where you're going, it shouldn't be too hard to do some research. Try asking the folks at the lodge you're going to stay at too. They may be able to provide some good leads...
Tried google did not find much. Did not think of trying craigslist for rental. Not going to bother the lodge-hard to explain but short is I am goint to the lodge as a guest of a friend who is getting trip paid for by one of his suppliers who is friends with lodge owner. So I am just thankfull for the opertunity.

Will keep checking here and other places as the end of Aug aproaches.

BTW what is a "KSL"

Old 04-19-2012, 01:55 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

BTW what is a "KSL"
Classifieds for Utah, Idaho, and Wyoming | ksl.com

Its a Utah thing...and also a Northern Nevada thing I suppose. Another classified listing

Quick Reply: Sitka Alaska