Show me some handguards!?!

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 10:22 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Show me some handguards!?!

Hate to sound like a nanny, but be careful of those extenders. I know a fella who broke his fingers because of them or ones similar. He low sided and as he separated from the bike his hand could not clear the guard and it broke the bones in the back of his hand as the guard worked kind've like a bottle opener on them, crushing them inward.

Old 11-16-2007, 11:02 PM
1st Gear Member

the cycra handguards have several different size plastic guards, or you don't have to use any at all. I got the large ones shown in the pic and a smaller set.

Old 11-16-2007, 11:33 PM
1st Gear Member

Yeah, if you put extenders on, they should have quite a bit of flex to them. My Zeta deflectors go up higher than most, but they also flex a lot. There are other deflectors I've looked at that are rock sold [&:]...the plastic part shouldn't be that way, IHMO; especially if itextends fairly high above the guard.

Old 11-16-2007, 11:41 PM
1st Gear Member

Here is a picture of mine, I guess i will have to replace them. Do you propose a super heavy duty one or the original? Was someonegladto have the heavy duty ones in any case?

[IMG]local://upfiles/2545/F47E74D302B14D12AACCDA5DFAAE0768.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-18-2007, 07:26 PM
1st Gear Member

deej I sentcha my addy, thanks bro!

Old 11-18-2007, 07:52 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: stellar_d

deej I sentcha my addy, thanks bro!
sent you a pm.

Old 11-18-2007, 08:57 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: The frog

Here is a picture of mine, I guess i will have to replace them. Do you propose a super heavy duty one or the original? Was someonegladto have the heavy duty ones in any case?

[IMG]local://upfiles/2545/F47E74D302B14D12AACCDA5DFAAE0768.jpg[/IMG]
There's absolutely no reason to repurchase the stock ones, they are a piece of ****.

Just buy a set of aftermarket bark busters and call it a day. I assume that by heavy duty, you mean aftermarket?

If so, i'd hardly consider them "heavy duty". They're considered standard issue for anybody who expects to take any motorcycle into the dirt.

Old 11-18-2007, 09:15 PM
1st Gear Member

yes, I mean aftermarket ones but we can find two different kinds on the market, the ones that you fix on the handlebars only and another model that you fix on the handlebars and in the end of the handlebar (hard for me to explain well in english but...) So what i'm trying to say is that the first model does'nt look as strong as the second one...

Old 11-19-2007, 02:22 PM
1st Gear Member

Thanks deej, I think i like the green and white front fender as well, I believe a couple peolpe have it maybe typesh is one?

nobrakes, I also think ifI dump the bike hard, the extenders will snap off as there is only one screw that secures it in place, but they seem to look good and are fairly stiff..and they do help to keep the wind from blowing up the sleeves.

yes, stellard, i was talking about the cylinders to hold the guards to the end of the bars, but since deej is taking care of you i guess i'll hold onto mine...BTW are the smaller ones the ones used for aftermarket bars?..i thought someone mentioned that?

Old 11-21-2007, 02:51 AM
1st Gear Member

Here are MSR Hawkins hand guards mounted on my bike. Check out this page for more details on a mod that I did for a better and stronger fit: http://klx250s.suncup.net/MSR%20Handguards/index.html

Quick Reply: Show me some handguards!?!