seat cover

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 06:33 AM
1st Gear Member
Default seat cover

Anybody put a different seat cover on? Which one did you use? Got any pics? How well did it fit? Trying to decide on a nice black one. I don't want a rubber one known as a gripper seat though.

Old 02-09-2007, 02:27 PM
Default RE: seat cover

Vurtle, any seat that is made to fit the KLX300 will fit. I went for a CEET all-black gripper and I like it pretty well. I can not decide if I would prefer the non-gripper version. I saw the non-gripper on sullydirt's bike (also the CEET brand just non-gripper) and it looked really, really good.

If you have never done a seat cover, it's not too bad. It just takes a lot of patience anda little bit of time. If you are anything like me a sullydirt, you will never feel like it is on there perfectly. I have one area on mine that bugs me. If you were to look at the bike you would never know where I am talking about, but I know that there is one area on the seat where the cover is not fitting like I want it to. Frustrating.

Good luck.

Old 02-10-2007, 03:43 AM
1st Gear Member

I've done a lot of seats, I just can't find many for the KLX 250 or 300. I can't find a mounted picture of the Ceet standard cover either. I'll probably go ahead and order it anyways.

http://denniskirk.com/jsp/common/img...64&imgId=0

Old 02-10-2007, 03:47 AM
1st Gear Member

Stroker use to havea nice seat cover.

[IMG]local://upfiles/3707/B53E66898AD849D7B6F5A20CF8A8E7EB.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-10-2007, 05:39 AM

ORIGINAL: vurtle

I've done a lot of seats, I just can't find many for the KLX 250 or 300. I can't find a mounted picture of the Ceet standard cover either. I'll probably go ahead and order it anyways.

http://denniskirk.com/jsp/common/img...64&imgId=0
I think you will like the CEET standard. It looks a lot like leather I think. When I saw sullydirt's, I thought it was leather.

Old 02-10-2007, 05:57 AM
1st Gear Member

This place looked interesting...

http://www.gutsracing.com/pages/cata...kiorderpg.html

I was thinking about getting the foam seat all the way at the bottomthat’s a bit flatter more like a motocross seat and then using one of the Kawasaki covers above to cover it.

In any event, the seat covers might be another option...

Old 02-10-2007, 07:06 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: DirtSurfer

This place looked interesting...

http://www.gutsracing.com/pages/cata...kiorderpg.html

I was thinking about getting the foam seat all the way at the bottom that’s a bit flatter more like a motocross seat and then using one of the Kawasaki covers above to cover it.

In any event, the seat covers might be another option...
That's where I got my replacement foam after I tried to fix my gel-job and the fix didn't work out so well. I just got the stock height foam, though, since I'm a little height challenged.

Old 02-10-2007, 04:15 PM
1st Gear Member

Brian,

Does the foam that you bought (thats in the pics as well) have the hard seat plasitic under it and the retaining bolt eyes so its all ready to put back on the bike? or did you have to some how remove the foam from the original hard plastic seat base and glue this foam on??

Old 02-10-2007, 04:53 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

No, the foam does not inclue the seat pan. You need to remove the old foam from your seat and replace it with the new. It comes off pretty easy, though. Get some 3M Super 77 spray glue to use for the new foam on the seat pan. Don't use too much though otherwise it will make it hard to remove when the time comes.

Old 02-10-2007, 05:02 PM
1st Gear Member

Great information!! Thanks!!!

I was thinking of getting the med vs the soft, which one did you end up getting?

Did you just use your original seat cover and re-staple it over the new foam and into the seat pan or did you end up getting a replacement seat cover at that point??

Thanks, this is VERY helpful... as always!!

Quick Reply: seat cover