Saddle bags and Sugar Plums, a Christmas list

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 02:08 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Saddle bags and Sugar Plums, a Christmas list

It's never too soon! We all know that Santa is really a Dirt Biker at heart. What, with the open slea and all, clearly, he loves to rail in the rough.

So, assuming you ran into the little fat man somewhere on the trail and he ask you the big question, "What would you like Santa to bring you?" and assuming you had been good, which is unlikely, but we can always hope, what would you ask for? Riding gear, accessories, name it here and be specific. Tell me why you want it too. It just might get published somewherethat Santa can read about it and who knows, you might not get a bundle of sticks!

Good luck!
Bill Dragoo,
Acting emessary to the North Pole

Old 10-03-2007, 02:41 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Saddle bags and Sugar Plums, a Christmas list

13 front sprocket, 45 rear, new chain, quiet core and repacking for the big gun, and new riding boots, and a new rear 606.

Old 10-03-2007, 04:58 PM
1st Gear Member

Unabiker Rad Guards!

Old 10-03-2007, 05:11 PM
1st Gear Member

Good start, guys. Thanks. Can you fill in a few more details like brand where they're omitted so far and the reasons for that particular choice? Past experience with products, friends have them, looks, whatever. I'm not sure what all will help here, but I'm working on a story for a magazine about a biker's Christmas wish list. And besides, you never know who'll end up reading this and maybe forwarding your wishes to somebody who can do something important with them.

Bill

Old 10-03-2007, 05:41 PM
1st Gear Member

Moto-Pro Suspension parts and tuning http://www.moto-pro.com/default.asp

I really don't know how to properly set up my suspension so that its best for my weight and riding style/terrain, so having an expert set it all up for me is my wish.

Old 10-03-2007, 07:15 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

yea for sure a moto pro setup suspension... I like the thor quadrant boots to go with my thor quadrant knee guards and elbow guards, probably get a JT rear sprocket, and a sunstar 13 front, and ill go to Race Tools again to get repacking material for the big gun. My old boots are falling apart, reason for a new pair, gearing change to help with power delivery, and i repack my big gun every year.... and the quiet core to keep the noise down, ya know how loud pipes closeriding areas..

Old 10-03-2007, 08:44 PM
1st Gear Member

those thor boots that you want are crap. they don't really offer that much support and the leather on the inside turns to concrete after they get wet a few times. the tech 4's are a better boot in my opinion and are worth the extra $$.theytoo don't offer that much support either but i'd recommend them over the quadrant boots.

Old 10-03-2007, 08:52 PM
1st Gear Member

Wolfman saddle bags. I always seem to have the need to carry something along for the ride, but can't. Because the KLX has no where to put drinks or suppilies. Also maybe afull systemMuzzy exhuast w/ a dynojet kit.

Old 10-03-2007, 08:59 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: lcpl0331

those thor boots that you want are crap. they don't really offer that much support and the leather on the inside turns to concrete after they get wet a few times. the tech 4's are a better boot in my opinion and are worth the extra $$.theytoo don't offer that much support either but i'd recommend them over the quadrant boots.
Thanks man... what about Fox boots?

Old 10-03-2007, 09:30 PM
1st Gear Member

I have the Fox Offroad Tracker (has a lug sole, not smooth mx style) and it doesn't have a lot of support compared to a real high end boot but, as you know, I've had the bike land on me several times, few of them at speed and no injuries, let alone even a sore ankle. The last one I was pinned under the bike, it was laying across my legs and it landed hard enough that the buckles tore up the seat cover. They are not even remotely water resistant though. The seam on the sole leaks like a sieve but they dry out quick while riding.

My wishlist:
331 kit from Kustom Kraft or Bill Blue......reason: who doesn't want more power?

FMF Q4 and P-bomb header........ reason: looks and sounds good

Spare wheelset with street oriented tires.............reason: add more versatility to the bike and save my knobbies for "spirited" dirt riding

Quality mechanics toolset.............reason: I actually enjoy wrenching on the bike but itsa PITA when you don't have the right tools/inferior tools

Quick Reply: Saddle bags and Sugar Plums, a Christmas list