Old 10-22-2009, 05:03 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 95451
Ouch!
Hope You Heal Fast.
What, You Didnt See The Tree Coming Up?
Just Had To Ask
Sometimes they just appear out of no where. I can sympathize.

Old 10-22-2009, 05:06 PM
1st Gear Member

I went with the Acerbis Technik fender, too. Looks great on an 06/07 in white/green. Less wobble, looks like it was made in this century.

Old 10-22-2009, 06:10 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nobrakes
Sometimes they just appear out of no where. I can sympathize.
That crash, i bounced off of trees on the left side of the trail and it defleced me to the right side into a group of 4 or so 6-10" trees... it hurt bad.... the bike ended up on top of me... lol.. there was a kid on a kdx behind me, i looked at him and said " i bet that was pretty cool to see " he laughed and said yea....

Old 10-22-2009, 11:20 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by EMS_0525
the bike ended up on top of me... lol.. there was a kid on a kdx behind me, i looked at him and said " i bet that was pretty cool to see " he laughed and said yea....
LMAO Sorry But Thats Funny

Old 10-23-2009, 12:59 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 95451
Ouch!
Hope You Heal Fast.
What, You Didnt See The Tree Coming Up?
Just Had To Ask
no, actually I got a good look at it. not sure exactly what happened. was blazing a trail to ride through thick pines, got a little adventurous, wound out in second with the front wheel high (something only you 351 owners can understand.... ) and think i hit a slick downed pine going across my new path at an angle, threw the back end and pitched the front of the bike towards the tree immediately in front of me. after that i remember a few things
1. this is not good, this is going to hurt, this is REALLY not good
2. I really hope when i play superman as i park company with my bike that i can fly through this very narrow path line through the trees when i part company with my bike.
3. see #1
4. At least the bike wont follow me and land on top of me because its now stuck on the tree.
5. so much for #2
4. this really hurts, i think i need to lay here for a week or two.
5. Only immediate problem with #4 is my bike is stuck around that tree way back there on its side with gas leaking from the carb right by that hot exhaust pipe on the pine needled forest floor and i really dont want to become the better part of a flash brush fire....

i think i need to hold bill blue personally responsible for getting me into this mess because my bike wasnt physically capable of going like a bat out of hell before i updated it

my wifes comment: "dont look at me for sympathy, you're the dumb a$$ that had to get the bike...."

oh well, lesson learned...a fews weeks of healing and bike repair and off again.....

Old 10-23-2009, 08:42 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by deej
I installed mudflaps on mine, and after almost 13,000 miles its indestructible.

just because there are no scratches on it does not mean its indestructible! you have to actually wreck first! & 2nd & 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, Ya --I think you get the idea.

oh, what kind of tank bag is that ? it looks like a good fit.

Old 10-23-2009, 04:05 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by mattyw
my wifes comment: "dont look at me for sympathy, you're the dumb a$$ that had to get the bike...."
^^^That's Cold^^^
Thx For The Details.
Hang In There Bro,
It Gets Easier as Time Go's On

Old 10-23-2009, 04:14 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

My wife is good at yelling at me when i hurt myself too... especially the time i crashed my mountain bike and she had to come pick me up... she wasnt happy....

Old 10-23-2009, 04:31 PM
1st Gear Member

Thats Messed Up Too.

Old 10-23-2009, 04:39 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

after we got home i asked her why she was mad at me and yelling, she didnt know.... it was a reaction... thats when i got road rash from my elbow to shoulder and messed up both my palms.... and im bleeding and shes yellin at me...lol...

Quick Reply: run-in with a tree - front fender advice