Riding position...

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 03:58 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Riding position...

yeah, AND sitting back, pulling back and giving the gas spurts to raise the front wheel out of the sand!!!

Old 03-15-2007, 10:06 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cwgoff

Well @$%^! There's yet another mod I wasn't planning on doing that has crept further up toward the "need" category. This thing is killing me softly.
Does it look like its time to organize another group buy?

Or maybe Snal and I could dream up a "bolt-on foot peg enhancer" that just needs some drilling to attach to the stock pegs ... hmmm, where's my tape measure?

Old 03-16-2007, 03:47 AM

ORIGINAL: YYY.GUY
Or maybe Snal and I could dream up a "bolt-on foot peg enhancer" that just needs some drilling to attach to the stock pegs ... hmmm, where's my tape measure?
That's a good ideer right thar! Where does the line start?

Old 03-16-2007, 04:00 AM
1st Gear Member

Here ya go.........let's get'em started!!
1. cwgoff
2.Double D6

Old 03-16-2007, 04:57 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: double d6

Here ya go.........let's get'em started!!
1. cwgoff
2.Double D6
3. YYY-GUY

Old 03-16-2007, 05:29 AM
1st Gear Member

4) Dirtsurfer

Old 03-16-2007, 06:33 AM

Well, it looks like this thing is taking on a life of it's own. I see a combo thing going to save on shipping costs. Anyone else interested in a set of front brake line guards and a set of peg wraps.

BTW, since we are in the early design stages, I will throw my idea out there. Nothing overly original here, I guess, but I was thinking of a single piece of metal that wraps around the existing peg. Here's a very crude drawing:

Name:  FirstDraft.jpg
Views: 926
Size:  6.5 KB

In the pic above, the blue line represents the stock peg. The red line represents a continuous piece of metal that is cut (laser cut?) and then bent into the shape. The purple lines denotes two thru-bolts, while the green lines represent washers or some other spacer to prevent the walls of the peg wraps from being pulled in when the bolts are tightened.

This is a very crude idea to start, but I thought it might get other ideas flowing. Someone posted something a while back that was similar to this but instead of being bolted on, it was welded on the outside. I think we need a bolt-on solution to make it more accessible to those of us with no welding skillz.

Critique as you see fit, but keep the laughter to a dull roar if you can help it. My drafting skills not quite up to YYY.guy's standards.

Old 03-16-2007, 07:03 AM
1st Gear Member

Not bad at all, Chris!

I was thinking pretty much the exact same thing. Then I went to look at the existing peg and the smile turned upside down:There's enough material to drill a bolt hole on the backside of the peg, but the front is very small, and the bottom edge in the front is bent forward a bit ... so it doesn't look like a simple bolt-on design will work.

I'm not totally stumped, yet, but here are a few ideas that I've got to play with:
- Making something where the surface incorporates the existing teeth makes forvery strong support.
- If the foot peg enhancer sits on top of the existing footpeg, it shouldn't increase the height significantly
- Too many little pieces that need to be welded together (e.g. short rods that fit in between the existing teeth) is impractical from a manufacturing perspective.
- Its probably not too hard for most people to find a local place to weld a well fitting part onto their existing pegs, and spray paint it themselves afterwards.
- MUD: its gotta squish out somewhere!
- There's a small "tab" in the center part of the peg that has a hole in it. It could be used to bolt something on, but because the bottom edges (frontside and backside) are not at the same level, bolting something onto the bottom becomes tricky.

For some reason I do my best thinking in the shower, so if I have to, I'll do an extra Lather-Rinse-Repeat cycle!

Old 03-16-2007, 07:15 AM

For some reason I do my best thinking in the shower, so if I have to, I'll do an extra Lather-Rinse-Repeat cycle!
And the winner of the "Too Much Information" Award goes to .....

Old 03-16-2007, 07:22 AM
1st Gear Member

Uh, yeah ... I guess I coulda left that part out.

Quick Reply: Riding position...