Ride report. Gippsland, Victoria, Australia with vid!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 11:26 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Ride report. Gippsland, Victoria, Australia with vid!!!

Hey guys,
First time at a ride report so i might be a little vague.
Ok here's a little picture of whereabouts it is. (refer attatched picture). I couldn't post the trails we go along due to the fact that sometimes i dont even know where they are
Ok, here in Gippsland area in Victoria is where we go riding mainly due to the fact it's the only area where we can go riding in the hills.
During the summer you find the trails to be mainly a combination of your general dirt and dried out clay tracks with the occasional fine gravel trails which can make things a little interesting in some spots.
During the winter, the tracks hold a lot of moisture even if it's not raining and the hard packed clay becomes like skating on ice which makes a few of the hills we tackle in the summer virtually impossible to climb in winter.

There's lots of plain 4wd trails with no ruts which makes it fun to take the young tackers along to learn how to ride responsibly. There's also lots of 4wd tracks with lots of ruts for the intermediate riders to negotiate.

Apart from the usual 4WD tracks there are also a lot of goat trails for bike and mountain bikes to negotiate. These are great 1st gear riding and trying to keep upright at low speed.

There is also a little type of plaground at the top of one of the hills with a big (well for a KLX it is) jump at the top which i think i have some footage of me going over as well.

Now, for the vid. It was taken just this past weekend (6th-7th of june 09) The temp was a measly 10degrees C and it was light rain but that didn't stop us

We took out a few of the youngins (heck i'm only 28 lol) and a few of the old blokes just for some fun and here is the end result.

http://www.vimeo.com/5091682

This was one video from over 2 gig of stuff i took over the weekend.

oh and i'm after pointers on how to improve the quality of my bullet camera in terms of getting a polarize filter to improve contrast or something along those lines
I'm now running a 520TVL bullet cam running into a portable camcorder. Any experts on this subject?

Thanks for reading.
Nixlux

Attached Thumbnails Ride report. Gippsland, Victoria, Australia with vid!!!-gippsland.jpg  
Old 06-10-2009, 11:37 AM
1st Gear Member

Great stuff.
Your cam set up should work well.
The quality of your vid isn't that bad.
Are you recording straight to SD?

Old 06-10-2009, 11:54 AM
1st Gear Member

yeah neil it's recording to a 16gb sdhc card as thats the only option my camcorder has got. i've still got the gopro camera and although i like this setup more (except for the extra gear to carry) the colour and white balance is a little bit off. For example the greens are much more green on the go pro than my current setup

Old 06-10-2009, 12:06 PM
1st Gear Member

That should work pretty well.
Especially if you mainly want to post vids online.
Whats the quality like if you plug the camcorder straight into a TV?
What brand Camcorder is it?
I have this unit.
http://www.dogcamsport.co.uk/dv500.htm

Old 06-10-2009, 12:24 PM
1st Gear Member

Looks like fun.After your ride did ya'll slam down some VB's ?

Old 06-10-2009, 12:26 PM
1st Gear Member

the camcorder is just one of those aiptek ahd+1080's which records pretty well suprisingly. The cam is at 30fps and the camcorder can record at 60fps but thats for the inbuilt cam not the external. i'm thiking of trying a filter for it just to hopefully improve the colour?

Old 06-10-2009, 12:27 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by roadglider
Looks like fun.After your ride did ya'll slam down some VB's ?
lol i dont drink but the others had some mb's (melbourne bitter) for all you non aussies out there

Old 06-10-2009, 01:31 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

nice!

Old 06-10-2009, 04:39 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Great stuff man. Love the accents and the riding area.

Old 06-12-2009, 04:59 AM
1st Gear Member

Thanks guys.

deej, you might hear at the end of the clip the guys starting poking fun at how clean my bike was hahaha

Last edited by nixlux; 06-12-2009 at 05:15 AM.

Quick Reply: Ride report. Gippsland, Victoria, Australia with vid!!!