Reworked my website

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 05:43 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Reworked my website

I'm better at making things than herding pixels around. I did manage to rework my website, the link is in my Signature.
I continue to add products. I will soon have a mount to carry a Rotopax fuel can on the WR250R Yamaha.
The KLX250 Skidplate Bill Blue has been doing has been passed off to me. Same skidplate quality you're used to. I'm going to change the # of holes in it, but that's it for now. I will also have that skidplate with an optional aluminum toolbox built in.

Thanks,
Bake

Last edited by Bake; 01-05-2010 at 05:47 AM.
Old 01-05-2010, 07:21 AM
1st Gear Member

Nice Pages Bake. If I lived in a bigger place I would be all over the extra tank for the KLX. But all it would do here is allow me to pass more gas stations before hitting reserve and rideing to one!

You might want to change the first page to reflect the KLX super moto version as a KLXsf although I have caught myself refering to it as a KLXsm from time to time.
Cheers Jim

Old 01-05-2010, 02:47 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Great job on the website and the products that you are offering. Nice job!

Old 01-06-2010, 12:15 AM
1st Gear Member

a skid plate with tool box would be bad ***, as long as the tool box was not to big or kill ground clearance. every thought of a rear master cylinder guard for the klx, that would be nice. also, maybe a picture and a kit for the rad overflow tank replacement you do to fit the tank on the klx. im looking to drop weight but also keep the rad overflow tank. by the way, nice site and products, the klx scene loves you for it.

Old 01-06-2010, 12:35 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by punkenduro09
a skid plate with tool box would be bad ***, as long as the tool box was not to big or kill ground clearance. every thought of a rear master cylinder guard for the klx, that would be nice. also, maybe a picture and a kit for the rad overflow tank replacement you do to fit the tank on the klx. im looking to drop weight but also keep the rad overflow tank. by the way, nice site and products, the klx scene loves you for it.
Excellent ideas, I love that! These items are designed and made by me, but they are actually invented "by Us, for Us."

The rear master cylinder protector is in the pipeline. It's likely it'll be similar to my KLR650 protector. Bill and I were discussing that today, while I did a final fit check of a skidplate. I also have in mind a caliper protector for both front and rear. The front doesn't have anything, and some guys would just rather have a lightweight aluminum guard for the back one, rather than the plastic thing. I broke the fork guards all up on mine, and that rear guard on the caliper is just as fragile. It's what I call a "showroom piece". Looks good on the dealer's showroom, but doesn't serve any serious purpose.

I will add the replacement coolant catch bottle as a small kit, thanks!
I hope to get it up on the website in the next few days, because I have inventory on hand to support my KLX tank inventory. I have 2 '09 KLX tanks on the shelf usually, and an '07 can be made up in 2 days time.

I will have the skidplate with the integral toolbox ready for the website soon. I'm making the donor skidplate itself today. It will not hinder ground clearance, will be lockable, and my intent is to have it large enough to hold a spare inner tube.

Thanks,
Bake

Last edited by Bake; 01-06-2010 at 12:40 AM.
Old 01-06-2010, 01:02 AM
1st Gear Member

Is Bill's site down? Tried the link from your site, and it went to GoDaddy....no b&b....

Old 01-06-2010, 01:55 AM
1st Gear Member

Nice Bake.

Has anyone tied your 650 tank mounted on the 250 rack?

And Bill's site does appear to have a problem.

Old 01-06-2010, 04:15 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by neilaction
Nice Bake.

Has anyone tied your 650 tank mounted on the 250 rack?

And Bill's site does appear to have a problem.
I haven't had any calls for a tank for the luggage rack on the '07, no. I could fab a one-off in 3-4 days if someone wants one.
I'm thinking about offering the luggage plate I make for the KLR650 to fit the '07's. Some small changes and it could be used as a touring style rack. Fitting it to the '09 though, would be altogether a different project I probably don't have the time to do.

I'm going to check on the BandB site now.
Thanks for mentioning it.

edit: 11:25PM Central Tuesday BandB website seems ok.
Bake

Last edited by Bake; 01-06-2010 at 04:18 AM.
Old 01-06-2010, 06:07 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Bake
The rear master cylinder protector is in the pipeline. It's likely it'll be similar to my KLR650 protector.sweet stuff, cant wait to see it

I also have in mind a caliper protector for both front and rear. The front doesn't have anything, and some guys would just rather have a lightweight aluminum guard for the back one, rather than the plastic thing.i love that idea. i broke my rear guard and found one made my works connection, if you want a pic of it to get an idea, let me know and ill post it up

I will add the replacement coolant catch bottle as a small kit, thanks!
I hope to get it up on the website in the next few days, because I have inventory on hand to support my KLX tank inventory. I have 2 '09 KLX tanks on the shelf usually, and an '07 can be made up in 2 days time.thanks, i would love to order the tank to supplament the 3.7 on my LONG rides, but ill have to hold off till i get a job

I will have the skidplate with the integral toolbox ready for the website soon. I'm making the donor skidplate itself today. It will not hinder ground clearance, will be lockable, and my intent is to have it large enough to hold a spare inner tube.i love it. the more stuff you make, the more i need to order stuff from you. i have the utah plat right now, but its all bashed to hell, and i like the coverage of this plate a lot better. im guessing i could custom order it w/o the holes, i ride some crazy trails and think i may get hung up with them there.
all and all, thanks for all you and bill do. some of the best products for the klx come from you guys

Old 01-07-2010, 12:01 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by punkenduro09
all and all, thanks for all you and bill do. some of the best products for the klx come from you guys
THANKS very much for your kind words.
We love this bike. And if only the low power and short range are "fixed", it transforms it into a much more serious ride. Bill's 351 kit and my auxiliary tank does the trick. And, there are many other options, to be sure, and they all seem viable. We just came up with our version.

Contact me via my Email, or call me, either way, if someone wants an item custom made, I will be glad to discuss it. The skidplate without holes would be no extra charge. I still need to machine in the loop slots, of course.

I looked at the luggage plate and 2 gallon tank idea for the '07 today, and I will take custom orders for that. Available as a plumbed in system like the sidecover tank, or as a quick removable spare fuel container. I will only need to make a few mods to the KLR650 kit in order to supply that.

Quick Reply: Reworked my website