Report: Carolina Adventure World 10_26_08

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 09:08 PM
1st Gear Member
Exclamation Report: Carolina Adventure World 10_26_08

www.carolinaadventureworld.net

Well, I must say, that was the most extreme, technical riding I've ever done. I had a great time, but I wish more members could have made it. Tight trails, soupy everywhere, tough hills, various rock obstacles -- and to make it even better, over 100 miles of this.

Long story short, let's see the *FAIL* scores:

Sterling -- 1 easy let down on right, 1 over the bars
Larry -- 1 easy let down, 1 ground slapper w/ busted front signal
Jim -- 2 easy? let downs, 1 mechanical failure that locked up wheel and sent him to the hospital for what we hope will just be stitches.

We had fun, but it was muddy -- GOD AWEFUL SLICK. There were spots that you could barely stand without the slick crap knockin' ya down.

There was a stream crossing that Larry loved, and I loved to hate. Had one stall mid-creek, and both feet went into the water.

Overall, it was a good ride. I hope for dryer conditions next time. Here are some pictures. Gonna test my Photobucket skills. Never used it before...

Larry and Jim & my bike beside the creek

Jim comin' up a hill:

Larry enjoyin' the scenery:

My nemesis:

My dirty post-ride pic:

Old 10-26-2008, 09:22 PM
1st Gear Member

nice report, good pic's. it would've been a bit easier with some trackmasterII's on the bike. where you from? my terrain looks just like that. I love that tight stuff. street is ok, powerlines are fine but get into that tight single trac and the skills have to come out or your in for it.

Old 10-26-2008, 09:24 PM
1st Gear Member
Thumbs up

Very nice pictures! Glad that nobody was seriously hurt.

Old 10-26-2008, 09:32 PM
1st Gear Member

Thanks! I'm in SC.

All in all, it was wonderful. We had some good riding, a good chili/slaw dog, and even got to see some hot chick's *** when she was changing a few spaces over. Guess it never occured to her to close the door on her toy hauler.

I do have to say I'm quite sore.

I went over the bars when my front tire slid down a downed tree that was stripped naked and had no bark. When my tire hit it, it just slid, and then I don't know what happened. My right grip was burried in the dirt, and the left side was up in the air, I flew forward, and handplanted and my leg/hip caught the left grip assembly. I'm sore. Yeah, I said it again.

I'm chillin' in the recliner w/ some Crown 'n Coke right now. Gonna be a 800mg Motrin to follow. My bike's still on the hitch hauler, dirty as hell, and my gear's in my truck. I may get it off tomorrow...

Old 10-26-2008, 09:40 PM
1st Gear Member

been there before. I hate it when i go over the bars and my thigh hits the handle bar.
It leaves a very nice purple/yellow bruise for a good week and the limp lasts about as long.

Old 10-26-2008, 09:54 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Nice pics and report, USMC. Maybe I can join you next time.

I just got back from riding today around here. No get-offs here, but my helmet cam will be out of commission for a while. I ducked around a tree just a little too close in the tight stuff and whack! Broke it clean off the mount and it hanging down by the back tire after that. I'll have to order a new mount, but it looks like the camera head survived just fine which is good since it's a whole lot more costly to replace.

Old 10-27-2008, 12:37 AM
1st Gear Member

great pics,they remind me of how we look when we ride,one of our buds has all matching gear to the color of his bike and the rest of us cheap skates wear work boots,jeans and sweatshirts.

Old 10-27-2008, 12:41 AM
1st Gear Member

Hey, I'm cheap, too. Got the pants/jersey from one eBay auction and the boots from another. I actually bought my gloves/helmet/goggles new from stores.

Sorry, but anymore, I'd just assume buy used from eBay or Craigslist.

Old 10-27-2008, 12:41 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the ride report, sounds like a good time was had by all. Was that a Honda Fat Cat?

Old 10-27-2008, 12:45 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by deej
Thanks for the ride report, sounds like a good time was had by all. Was that a Honda Fat Cat?
You're more than welcome.

It was an '88 Yammie TW200. I owned one when I was 14 back in 1992. The big-*** tire loves the sand, but this mud -- it caked them!

Quick Reply: Report: Carolina Adventure World 10_26_08