Reckless Drivers Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2014, 03:53 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Reckless Drivers Thread

One of the reasons I wanted to get a GoPro this year was to record my daily commute. Even though its mainly side streets there are far too many instances where someone is driving with their head up their ***.

I called this video ******* Drivers 1 and 2 because there were two one right after the other. First, you'll see a white car on the left run a Stop sign and then stop in the middle of the road and immediately afterwards you'll see a white City of Sacramento van start to turn left in front of me. You can see I swerved and he stopped but that one got my heart pumping.

For anyone else who records their rides I hope you'll post 'em in here too

Last edited by Brieninsac; 01-16-2014 at 06:01 PM.
Old 01-14-2014, 04:37 PM
1st Gear Member

Been there done that, don't ride with my camera everyday though, people can be so stupid! Like seriously, just LOOK where you are driving

Old 01-14-2014, 05:07 PM
1st Gear Member

I too use my gopro for my daily commute.

As its now winter and its dark most of the day ive not been using it as the quality seems to drop when not in natural sunlight.

With a lot of english being pretty sh*t drivers, Im sure towards summer you will be seeing a lot of videos here...

Old 01-14-2014, 09:33 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

I am always being reminded of how "invisible" I am while riding my Versys around Seattle. Especially my own neighborhood, where 4 way stops are for losers, and texting while driving is a must. Stay safe Brien.

Old 01-14-2014, 11:55 PM
1st Gear Member

Wow ... I heard the eff you!

Uhhh down here next to the border I expect those 'creeping' out into intersections.

And giving them the finger ...not that I saw one but probably not a good idea

Old 01-15-2014, 01:33 AM
1st Gear Member

did any one else hear the F U AHOLE ???

Need some anger management

Thats ok i have been in the last 4 years rear ended 3 times once by a bread truck while sitting at a light he was sitting behide me light greened green he stomped on the gas
Oppps o was lighting a cig LOL since then i Quit smoking

anther time a F150 hit me from behind this lady was late for a tanning appointment @ it was in the middle of JULY LOL

the last time was also at a light and this guys was just now paying attention and creeped up and bumped into me

evey time this happened they all got their azz b'ed out on how they where tring to KILL ME ! ! !

needless to say i made them feel like total crap i even got the lady to cry :P

well seems like every time some one hits me it costs me $500 bucks
its just not fair

Old 01-15-2014, 03:22 AM
1st Gear Member

Man, You gotta slow down. I agree people are idiots. So when coming up to an intersection like that You gotta slow down. Not trying to preach, but being in the right ain't gonna make you feel any better when you end up on someone's hood.
good luck
marc

Old 01-15-2014, 03:29 AM
1st Gear Member

True, I was just following the car ahead of me and probably wasn't paying attention to my speed. Although, I don't think I was going that fast... or at least felt that fast.

Old 01-15-2014, 07:38 AM
1st Gear Member

As a keen MTB rider, I have noted that when on the MTB (on the road) I am always worried about car drivers flattening me from behind. On the KLX I am worried about being squashed from the front/side. The benefit of the KLX situation is that you can see what's going on and have some chance to avoid it. I always slow and move to a defensive position when cars are positioned to move into my lane.
Since fitting an LED DRL to the KLX I have noticed a distict reduction in pulling-out events. For some reason a cold/blue tinted LED is much more visible than a single halogen headlight.

Old 01-15-2014, 11:58 AM
1st Gear Member

It's funny, every time someone does something stupid my GoPro is off!
I live in a small town, people recognize the nut that rides all year, but the camera has changed how they act.
If I get cut off or whatever, I point to the camera and give them a thumbs up! It has certainly cut down on the righteous indignation people seem to get when they are in the wrong.
Now to get the a-hole on tape that literally ran me off the road on purpose, then when I pulled up next to him to "explain" his dangerous behavior, ran me into oncoming traffic. I just don't want him to kill me in the process. A bike mounted grenade launcher might suit my purposes better with him. I've since heard many stories about his anger. He even did it in his work truck with his name on it!
Just remember to be prepared for the worst, camera or not.

Quick Reply: Reckless Drivers Thread