The real scoop on the 09... dealer specs and modifications

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 09:22 PM
1st Gear Member
Default The real scoop on the 09... dealer specs and modifications

I went to go and get a heavy duty tube today (mine poped on the trail... wan. ) And on my way out the guy was like, hey did you see this one yet? i turn around and right infront of my eyes is the 09 in red of course... looked just like all the hondas right near it so i didnt even notice when i walked in. Theres a bucnh of diffrent stuff... i noticed just from lookin, its got a diffrent carb, the kick stand switch is bigger? its got a diffrent wire harness for sure, theres a little black box on the left side of the bike CDI maybe? and of course all the stuff that everyones already said, like the fenders lights and what not... the bike height its self doesnt look any lower (at least the one they had set up there didnt feel lower then mine at home) oh and the side ferrings cowlings are two part in the front. you know how we have the one big peice with 4 bolts? well theirs is two peices... the radiators are diffrent in color but i think they might be alittle bit bigger as well... the tool bag is bigger, the rear fender looks like an MX fender but i dont know how it would look if you took off the licence plate holder... i think the rear fender looks really really short to me... but thats just me, i'm not dissin the bike i'm just sayin what i noticed that was diffrent from my 07 to the one they had in the shop... well heres the paper that i grabbed that had all the changes they made to it. i was lucky to get a copy, they guy only had one left and they werent on display or anything, i had to ask for it.

Name:  09klxspecs-1.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  72.8 KB
Name:  09klxspecs.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  87.3 KB
I hope you can read that, if not you can try my photobucket page and it might let you zoom in... heres the link
http://s226.photobucket.com/albums/dd275/pie4foou/

Old 04-04-2008, 09:32 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: The real scoop on the 09... dealer specs and modifications

Does the 09 have a cooling fan on it?

Old 04-04-2008, 09:40 PM
1st Gear Member

yeah, i'm almost positive i saw one.... i think its in the same spot as ours too... might be alittle bigger, not sure though

Old 04-04-2008, 09:54 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Hey Pie, what pressure were you running when the tube popped?

Old 04-04-2008, 10:27 PM
Banned
1st Gear Member

good info there but the carb is not different, it's the same carb, let's not start spreading misinformation. only change I see is the idle adjuster is on the right side of the carbnow and supposedly no tps. no new black boxes on my '09, same as my '06 as far as wiring and stuff as far as I can tell. as far as the seat height, mine is exactly 35" balancing the bike straight up with measure up against the lower most part of the frame. but the bike is for sure lower, that is a fact. as far as it looking likea honda, well i disagree. the huge kawasaki decal on the shroud tells you it's not a honda. I suppose if it was sitting in a room full of hondas it would blend in though until you looked at it. but that's the cool thing, it doesn't look like every other klx around now. btw, when you trading for one?

Old 04-04-2008, 10:28 PM
Banned
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2k1w=no$

Does the 09 have a cooling fan on it?
yes, according to the '09 brochure it is larger as well.[sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 04-04-2008, 10:58 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Wait I saw a black box on the shifter side in front of the engine. What is that thing? Or am I loosing my mind? Don't answer that.[8D]

Old 04-05-2008, 12:00 AM
Banned
1st Gear Member

it's the horn. or maybe you're seeing the canister on cali models in order to be legal there. the tool bag is not larger either. the manual fits in there just like it did on the '06. btw, I got my moose racing 13-toother yesterday from denniskirk. I will install it tomorrow and give a report on how it affects 6th gear. I'm also real close to ordering a 2-bros. Did I just say that? Anyways, I want to see if the smaller header/more low-end theory holds true. I found one for $309w/free shipping. That's really high imo but after reading all the HMF horror stories, I think paying a little more for this that everyone pretty much praises is worth it. Next year when I do the 331cc kit I will swap it out for a full and do a comparison.

Old 04-05-2008, 12:07 AM
1st Gear Member

Offfer them $275.00 delievered & see if they bite!

Old 04-05-2008, 12:12 AM
Banned
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: vlodpg

Offfer them $275.00 delievered & see if they bite!
offer who that? starcycle or the ebay seller? you're the one who has one, I looked at yours extensively lastnight. where'd you get it and is it tight? I noticed it has only one mount on the muffler, no mounts to the frame from the midpipe like the biggun does. is it solid? I called 2-bros. today and they verified that the pipe would fit the '09, or '08 as they have it listed. they guaranteed that it would. $275 would be tight.[:-]

Quick Reply: The real scoop on the 09... dealer specs and modifications