Kawasaki Forums

Kawasaki Forums (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/)
-   KLX 250S (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/klx-250s-71/)
-   -   And the questions go on... (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/klx-250s-71/questions-go-40234/)

thehunterman 05-11-2013 04:48 AM

And the questions go on...

Ok guys after spending the last couple hours trying to find answers with the search function I have decided to just ask em and get a straight answer :p so here goes #1 I have just ordered a FMF powercore 4 slip on and I plan to buy a powerbomb header once I have little more money flowing,I would like to buy a jet kit that will work for the PC4+stock header then without having to spend another 80 bucks be able to rejet for the FMF header and a possible a big bore in the future, is this possible and if so what jet kit should I order? #2 I would like to replace the stock whaletail with a DRC edge kit and some better blinkers,can anyone give me list of everything to order as it seems like it needs all kind of other resistors and stuff to not mess with the dash? shipping takes forever here to Canada so I would prefer to only make one order :D #3 I had found a really good step by step of how to remove the carb and rejet and bookmarked it but managed to delete the bookmark,anybody got a link?
Thanks in advance for all your help you guys rock!
Hunter.

linkin5 05-11-2013 06:56 AM

If you don't mess with the intake no rejet is needed for the powercore 4, and my powerbomb had no effect what so ever on my jetting. So if you do the slip-on first you can rejet if you get a performance filter and then due the header later and you should be fine.

wildcard 05-11-2013 11:15 AM

the dyno jet kit will work with exhaust mods and big bore kit later down the road.

6thgear 05-11-2013 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by wildcard (Post 495197)
the dyno jet kit will work with exhaust mods and big bore kit later down the road.

Yea, good call with the dyno jet kit. I've used them for the last 6 years on my carb bikes. Very user friendly, and easy.

grahamgower 05-11-2013 01:41 PM

I would like to replace the stock whaletail with a DRC edge kit and some better blinkers,can anyone give me list of everything to order as it seems like it needs all kind of other resistors and stuff to not mess with the dash? Hunter.[/QUOTE]

The stock blinkers fit and work fine with the Edge Kit. Little bit of fiddling and they fit and look great. Save yourself the hassle and added expense of all the other crap.

thehunterman 05-11-2013 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by linkin5 (Post 495196)
If you don't mess with the intake no rejet is needed for the powercore 4, and my powerbomb had no effect what so ever on my jetting. So if you do the slip-on first you can rejet if you get a performance filter and then due the header later and you should be fine.

Thats what I had planned to do but after reading the "burned a hole in my piston" thread I am a little nervous about it running lean.Wildcard and linkin 5 where should I order the dyno kit?

thehunterman 05-12-2013 04:18 PM

anybody anybody? I've been searching but cannot find a jet kit

Lotrat 05-12-2013 04:49 PM

You should be able to get it from any of the online retailers.

Rocky Mountain ATV
Motorcycle Super Store
Chaparral Motorsports
Bike Bandit

thehunterman 05-13-2013 12:51 AM

Ok found one at Rocky mountain,dynojet stage 2 right? that will work for a new pipe/header along with the airbox mods of my choice?
Thanks,
Hunter.