Puget Sound area riders, where to go for offroad fun?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 06:50 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Puget Sound area riders, where to go for offroad fun?

I'm new here. Just got a KLX250s a couple weeks ago and have been lurking on here trying to learn a few things. Are there many of you in the Puget Sound area? Where are the good places to go offroad? I'm in Duvall and was going to spend alot of time up Stossel creek road, but they've recently gated off all the dirt roads that go through up to Sultan. I've gone up around Spada Lake north of Sultan and found some fun riding there. There's some pretty nice 4WD trails that I've gone back as far as 5 miles. One went in 4+ miles with an elevation climb of of a little over 2000 feet. I'd love to hear about any trails around this area, especially around the Duvall area or around Highway 2 from Everett to Gold Bar or so.

Old 08-08-2006, 08:26 AM
Default RE: Puget Sound area riders, where to go for offroad fun?

There are alot of places here, I am in Puyallup. South parie has tracks and trails also capital forest,victor falls I know of a few single tracks in the areas.My friend has the same bike as me and we find places all of the time down here.sorry but its late and I have to get up at 4:00am. I will post more details tomarrow night.Jayson KLX250S fully moded pics coming soon.

Old 08-08-2006, 08:29 AM

ORIGINAL: duvallgold

I'm new here. Just got a KLX250s a couple weeks ago and have been lurking on here trying to learn a few things. Are there many of you in the Puget Sound area? Where are the good places to go offroad? I'm in Duvall and was going to spend alot of time up Stossel creek road, but they've recently gated off all the dirt roads that go through up to Sultan. I've gone up around Spada Lake north of Sultan and found some fun riding there. There's some pretty nice 4WD trails that I've gone back as far as 5 miles. One went in 4+ miles with an elevation climb of of a little over 2000 feet. I'd love to hear about any trails around this area, especially around the Duvall area or around Highway 2 from Everett to Gold Bar or so.
Welcome to the forum, I was in Duvall a few weeks ago and thought there were some riding areas with all the people with dirt bikes going thru town heading towards Carnation.

Scat or Tony may know but I don't have a clue...

Old 08-08-2006, 06:59 PM
1st Gear Member

Hey duvallgold welcome,
Places to ride, Their is Reiter just off of Reiter RD Which is just past gold bar off of Highway 2 plus all of the forest service roads that litter the highway.Reiter has 4x4 and single track trails plus the normal service roads. Walker Valley is another about 20 miles give or take just outside of Arlington lots of single track (fairly tech.) and 4x4 and service roads. These are just a few local spots.We should hook up some time and between Tony and myself we can show you around.

Old 08-08-2006, 09:06 PM
1st Gear Member

There are tons of areas. I used to ride up in your neighborhood, out near Lake Fontail (spelling). There are forest roads aplenty in this state. Lately, I've been riding up near Darrington. 100's of miles of forest roads.

One of the best resources is the Benchmark Washington Road & Recreation Atlas (Map) book. It's large and has detailed topographical maps, showing locations of forest roads and trails. You'd be amazed on how many areas there are to ride.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/092...842322?ie=UTF8

Some of the other areas I have ridden at: all around Mt. Baker, Little Nachez, out in the forests and hills near Ellingsburg, Lake Wenatchee, Lake Chelan, Stevens and Snoqualme passes, Mt. Rainier, Mt. St. Helens... tons of areas.

Just be aware that some of the roads will be gated off. I've heard that you can apply for a key, from the appropriate timber company that owns those areas and they may sell you a key for $50 or so, so you could ride those areas as well.

Talk you your local motorcycle shops and find out where they ride.

Reiter Road (aka Reiter Pit) and Walker valley may not be conducive to Dual Sports, due to motocross style bikes and crazy riders. I tend to stick to the forest roads, where you have to be street legal (though, this doesn't stop all the ATV's and dirt bikes) to ride on them.

Also, on the forest roads, be careful of blind turns and on-coming traffic. It seems like every other week I almost get run over by some crazy women in a Subaru thinking she owns the road and that nobody else will be coming the other way.[:@]

Anyhow, good luck and have fun!

Old 08-08-2006, 09:36 PM
1st Gear Member

CRT_Leech where are you located ?

Old 08-09-2006, 02:24 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: scat

CRT_Leech where are you located ?
Everett.

I should also mention we trailer the bikes to staging areas near the area we intend to ride at that day. Seats on the bikes are bad enough for a day of riding, let alone getting there, to boot.

Old 08-09-2006, 02:33 AM
1st Gear Member

Scott, thanks for the info. I'd like to hook up with you guys if you plan on any rides after the 20th of August. Duane

Old 08-09-2006, 02:44 AM
1st Gear Member

I bought that atlas a week ago and found what I was hoping not to find, which is most of the offroad stuff is going to be 20-40 road miles to get to. I was really hoping there would be alot of riding just east of Duvall as there's nothing out there but trees, but it's state forest so they're a bit more restrictive. I don't have a truck or trailor so I planned on riding the KLX to where ever I was going. Anything From Sultan and East wouldn't have been bad if they hadn't gated all the roads going up from Stossel. I think they did that this year. A few locals I know that live out that way weren't even aware of it. So I'll just keep exploring looking for places with no gates. I think I'll head out to Reiter in the next day or two and see what's up there. I can do alot of my riding midweek, and I've been finding most places a little out of the way are pretty much deserted Monday through Friday. Thanks for the info. Duane

Old 08-09-2006, 06:42 PM
1st Gear Member

Scott, thanks for the info. I'd like to hook up with you guys if you plan on any rides after the 20th of August. Duane
I will post if something comes up

Quick Reply: Puget Sound area riders, where to go for offroad fun?