Pressure suits

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 09:16 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Pressure suits

Anybody riding with pressure suits, like the sixsixone pressure suit or the alpinestars? What are the hits and misses? Do any of them protect you from a road spill?

Old 10-03-2007, 10:50 PM
Default RE: Pressure suits

my 6yr old has a 661 suit for dirt riding and he loves it. He has had many spills on his bike, some of them pretty nasty and has never been injured on his upper body. I wouldn't say the suit is answer to all things but the fact that so many people wear them (even the pros) must mean something. My best friend wears the Alpinestar one and didn't like it at first as he said it wasn't comfortable but after a while he claims you dint notice it any more and now wont ride without it...As for the road I think you will find they will keep your skin away from the tarmac and that has to be a good thing.

My 2c worth

Old 10-04-2007, 12:04 AM

I too have thought about one of these suits. Most of my purchases are from the internet and it is hard to determine which product would be best. That is where these websites really come in handy, so any advice will be appreciated.

Old 10-04-2007, 01:37 AM

I have the Alpinestars Bionic Protection Jacket and it is very comfortable and has saved me a couple of times. It took a handlebar in the chest to push me into it rather than just a chest protector. I wear it when I race but not always in practice. It is still over 90 degrees here in Florida so I wear it without a jersey sometimes. It can be worn under or over the jersey. http://www.alpinestars.com/pl/c/170.html

George

Old 10-04-2007, 02:01 AM
1st Gear Member

blah

Old 10-04-2007, 02:18 AM
1st Gear Member

I bought the nemesis body armor suit from rockymountainatvmc.com. It's by far the cheapest and I really like it. It fits well, seems well built, and was cheap at $89.99. It gives good ventilation also.

Old 10-04-2007, 03:13 AM

I just surfed on ebay and found this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/249-E...spagenameZWDVW

Seems decent for the price, fit and style.

The Nemesis ones on rockymountainatv are SOLD OUT! Crap...........

Old 10-04-2007, 04:53 AM
1st Gear Member

I did a bit of research today and folks like the 661, alot of mountain bikers wear them.What I found more reviews for than any other suit was the Thor Impact Rig SE for $140(a number of folks over at thumpertalk have them). One stated that it was designed for both mx and supermoto, which is pretty much what dual-sporting is. Cyclegear.com has it and I just found out they have a retail store 20 min from my house. I see an extra long lunch break in my future

[IMG]local://upfiles/6010/D1ED2655CB744F188092CCA29C7D00C6.gif[/IMG]

Old 10-04-2007, 01:13 PM

Fingermullet,

I am up in New Port Richey and I am not familiar with Dixie Dual Sport. I ride at Croom in Brooksville when I am not traveling to a race. FTR has something going on down your way later in the month. I will be racing in Chipley up near Difuniak Springs next weekend.

Do you wear the armor only or does a jersey go over/under? How hard is it to keep clean? I rinse mine but there are lots of nooks and crannies for dirt to hide in and they fall out when it drys.

George

Old 10-04-2007, 01:53 PM
1st Gear Member

I have read some reviews saying the Thor Impact Rig SE had some zipper problems. I have been thinking about buying the 661 Sp. 2 pressure suit.
http://www.babbittsonline.com/pages/...sure-suit.aspx

Quick Reply: Pressure suits