Precision Motorcycle Racks

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2015, 08:53 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Precision Motorcycle Racks

Just wanted to say, if anyone is wanting a rack for their motorcycle.

Precision Motorcycle Racks makes a awesome rack.

Installed it on the KLX yesterday, all hardware included.

I got mine with a sissy bar, because I added a Tourmaster Select tour bag.

The sissy bar can be removed, and a gas tank mount and gas can, could be mounted if you should wish to do so.

cant upload a video or photo now, but I highly recommend this motorcycle rack.

Old 03-15-2015, 05:19 PM
1st Gear Member
Default PMR rack

Got a chance today to photo the rack

Attached Thumbnails Precision Motorcycle Racks-image.jpg  

Last edited by KLX25O; 03-15-2015 at 05:23 PM.
Old 03-25-2015, 05:15 AM
1st Gear Member

Which size did you get? Any regrets (wish ya got the other size)?

This rack will be my next purchase but I keep going between the smaller and larger one.

Thanks

Old 03-25-2015, 10:20 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Rack

I got the smaller version, because it is sportier looking.

If I was going to haul a lot of cargo I would have gotten the bigger version.

If you want to haul a Rotopax gas can with either version you have to remove or not install the sissy bar.

I also added a sissy bar bag that fit just right on the small rack.

you can also have the sissy bar made to a custom height if you would want to carry a backpack type of sissy bar bag.

I am pleased with the look, and install was a breeze, a diagram is included but simply put, take off the old tool bag, install the spacers in where the tool bag went, take off the back bolts where the seat went, install the included spacers and longer bolts.

just do not install the sissy bar upside down the first time like I did.

lol.

Old 03-25-2015, 11:48 AM
1st Gear Member

Own the small one and the only down sides that I can see is that the rack must be removed to access under the seat (battery/air filter) and it is not made to easily accommodate the tool bag. This is likely true for all racks though. Other than that it is well made with good hardware and fit.

Craig

Old 03-25-2015, 10:01 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by fzrcraig
Own the small one and the only down sides that I can see is that the rack must be removed to access under the seat (battery/air filter) and it is not made to easily accommodate the tool bag. This is likely true for all racks though. Other than that it is well made with good hardware and fit.

Craig
the rack does have holes drilled in it to fit a rotopax mount and jerry can.

does not have provisions for the stock tool bag, though.

you are right in saying you would have to remove the rack to have access to the battery and air filter, the rack though is very light weight. 2lbs maybe less.

for looks and styling, there is no other.

I've searched the net!

Old 03-26-2015, 08:16 AM
1st Gear Member

Where did you buy it and do they have anything that will look good on my 2001 Kawasaki W650?

Old 03-26-2015, 01:28 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by KLX25O
the rack does have holes drilled in it to fit a rotopax mount and jerry can.

does not have provisions for the stock tool bag, though.

you are right in saying you would have to remove the rack to have access to the battery and air filter, the rack though is very light weight. 2lbs maybe less.

for looks and styling, there is no other.

I've searched the net!
I put one on, too. Guess for the tool kit I'll have to either drill some new holes in the rack or get a more-or-less permanently attached tailbag or box to carry it in. One thing you had better add to your tool kit, though, is an allen wrench to fit the new rack bolts.

Old 03-26-2015, 08:17 PM
1st Gear Member

I have the PMR long rack for mine as well. I just mounted the toolbag to the front 2 holes (so it's partially on the rear of the seat. I'm currently not running the rack (I only run the rack when I'm on a longer trip and want to carry the Rotopax for spare fuel.), and just have a Pelican (1150?) case bolted on, to replace the toolbag, since it's waterproof and a little larger, so it holds a few more tools, plus safely holds my phone.

Old 03-26-2015, 09:03 PM
1st Gear Member
Default allen keys

Have the allen keys. The PMR rack installs with two different types.

5/32 allen key is for the small allen key bolts. These two bolts replace two of the four bolt holes where the tool bag did go. Bolts installed through the spacer and tightened with a 5/32 (Wiha is the brand I have (German made handle type allen key.)

I used the factory tool bag bolts (shorter screws, *no spacers) and put them back in the other two, front; tool bag holes where the tool bag hardware (bolts) where originally to make it look like the bolts where meant to be there. which they were. ok.

Then the 3/16 allen key installs the PMR rack bolts that replace the OE seat bolts.

Then I have the 8mm allen key if I want to drain the carb.

Not sure what all the tools in the tool bag are for, but I know one removes the spark plug. and one double sided socket in the bag removes the bolts for the fairings. just slide the Philips/Straight screw driver through the hole of the double sided socket and use it like a t-handle.

anyone know what the other tools are for?

Quick Reply: Precision Motorcycle Racks