Posting pictures and having opinions

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2006, 12:23 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default Posting pictures and having opinions

I guess I will refrain from posting any more pictures or presenting anything that might resemble an opinion until things settle down around here. Maybe a break for a while is in order. After all Lemac is falling too far behind anyway.[&:]

Old 12-02-2006, 01:06 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Posting pictures and having opinions

Screw that....... here's a pic and an OPINION.........hooters & boats is good; but a hooters boat kicks @ss!

Old 12-02-2006, 02:38 AM
1st Gear Member

I just wanted to say that guy should feel lucky that the sparks coming off of his bike didn't ignite the oil thats usually leaking out of a harley.

Old 12-02-2006, 02:50 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

sweet pics finger mullet... that boat looks fast

Old 12-02-2006, 03:12 AM
1st Gear Member

+1 EMS0525!!!

And for the record, ***** are great too!!!!

LOL

Not being a seasoned road rider (lets face it, I'm an extreme beginner on roads) I did not know that anyone could get in trouble laying into a turn on a bike, I guess I thought they all had the clearance of a dirt bike... I'm glad that I know that now, and to be extra careful if I get a chance to ride a bigger bike...

thanks.

Old 12-02-2006, 03:44 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: EMS_0525
sweet pics finger mullet... that boat looks fast
Yup it's fast, did ya notice the fishing rods in the rocket launcher & the downrigger.... it's just a marketing boat, not a racer. LOL

Old 12-02-2006, 04:43 AM
1st Gear Member

Don't sweat it Deej some people are just too touchy, maybe someone lost half the Harley tool kit and was grumpy ... now where did I put that cold chisel. [8D]

Old 12-02-2006, 04:56 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: deej

I guess I will refrain from posting any more pictures or presenting anything that might resemble an opinion until things settle down around here. Maybe a break for a while is in order. After all Lemac is falling too far behind anyway.[&:]

Deej you are a class act and everybody(well almost...) on this site enjoys your posts. Your jokes and humor are all in excellent taste.

This is a Kawasaki forum, and if another brand of bike, whether it be Honda, Harley, or BMW is made fun of, so be it. Nobody is being attacked personally and if one can't take a joke, then it's their problem.

I'm a NY Yankee fan and if I go to a Boston Redsox forum, I can guarantee that there are plenty of Yankee bashing. If you go to a Greenbay Packers forum, I'm sure they are bashing the Vikings. Heck, I have been to Harley forums and they are always bashing sport bikes. All you see are Jap bikes suck, Jap bikes are crap, etc etc.

BTW, that photo of the Harley rider crashing is very old and has been circulating around the internet for a while. I have seen it on many different motorcycle forums and this is the only forum that I have ever seen someone offended by it.

Old 12-02-2006, 05:18 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: deej

Well, like any stereotype, the folks that are the target of the joke hear it so many times from so many venues that it begins not to be so funny and instead begins to take on a whole other character. I'm guilty of it too so don't think I'm speaking from some high and mighty soap box. I made my Harley "joke" a few months back and while it wasn't intended to be mean, I upset some folks. I was just ignorant - I never thought to consider what it might be like to hear those same tired jokes over and over, and that eventually they start to rub the wrong way. While I'm sure I've offended people after that, it hasn't been intentional and I haven't made the mistake of making a joke involving of that particular topic a 2nd time. Not that I don't appreciate a little humor, but rather out of respect for those here that it rubs the wrong way. Who says I'm insensitive???

Besides, there have to be far more interesting topics to get heated up about. After all, Muzzy is beating out Big Gun by 31% vs 24% on Marty's poll, surely there's enough fodder in that thread to keep us busy ...

Old 12-02-2006, 05:49 AM
1st Gear Member

I think that video is more about the tool riding the bike then the bike. I rode, on a YZF1000R, with a local group that was 95% Harleys. I never had a problem with them. I'll tell you one thing; they really knew where to go and how set-up camp and have a good time! Yeah, there were a few of them that were of the opinion that a Harley is the only worthwhile bike to own, but they were in the minority. After a few beers most would admit that they really enjoyed riding sport bikes, but changed to a Harley because they could see themselves getting mangled our killed when tempted with the added power and cornering ability...and I can vouch that these were some very skilled riders. Also, there is a comradery among Harley riders that just doesn't seem to exist among riders of other machines.

As for the guy with the sportster, nice bike! Yeah, you might be able to run with some 600RRs, but that's completely based on rider skill. If you take two riders of the same skill level, I don't care what you have done to the sportster. When you bought the bike, I don't think your purpose was to use it like a sport bike, was it? We're comparing apples and oranges here.

I'm an equal opportunity rider and honestly like both types of bikes. If I owned a Harley, I think a soft tail would be my bike of choice...I've always liked the look and feel of those bikes. A friend of mine bought a fuel injected Road King Classic which is a little bit excessive to me, but It sure is a nice bike!

Quick Reply: Posting pictures and having opinions