PNW'ers Rieter Pit 11/11/06

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 06:48 PM
1st Gear Member
Default PNW'ers Rieter Pit 11/11/06

All you PNW KLX'ers are invited to trash 'The Pit' next saturday. Thanks to deej coming to visit.

#1 requirement: carb vent mod!!! May Creek should be pretty deep, and it sucks dragging the bike through it.

Who's gonna' play?

Old 11-06-2006, 08:49 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: PNW'ers Rieter Pit 11/11/06

OK more info needed, what is this carb mod, and can I do it before I get there? Also what is this "Pit"? I'm just concerned that you guys are gonna take me on a secrete hazing for the deej, LOL Pics? Info? Mommy?

Old 11-06-2006, 09:07 PM
1st Gear Member

Just to add I'm not a hill climber or a jumper or a........OK I'm old and want to make it home in one piece. Are we going to ride gravel roads, and some mild trails? Or am I gonna have to fake an injury and beg out? LOL (deej starting to realize he may have bitten off more than he can chew tries to backpeddal)

Old 11-06-2006, 09:49 PM
1st Gear Member

Vent Mod: There are two pink vent tubes coming off the carb that head down to the swing arm. When the tubes are under water, you have 20-30 seconds before the bike dies. If you put 'Y' or 'T' fittings two to three inches from the carb, and run new tube/tubes UP to the front of the gas tank or to the top of the air box, this will let the carb breath when the lower tube are under water. I cheated a little and just put a 3/16 hole in the top side of the tubes about the same height as the top of the fuel bowl. If the water gets that high, it's getting in the air box and I'm in trouble anyway.

Being a guest in our neighborhood you can pick from many types of trails/terrain. And, I got duct tape for any mechanical or medical repairs.

Old 11-06-2006, 10:00 PM
1st Gear Member

Sorry guys i am out [:@] leaving town friday wont be back until sunday night... Be good to Deej Tony. Will have to catch you on the next visit Deej....Have fun

Old 11-06-2006, 10:13 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: scat

Sorry guys i am out [:@] leaving town friday wont be back until sunday night... Be good to Deej Tony. Will have to catch you on the next visit Deej....Have fun
Fine.....be that way. Family over KLX? Geezzzz. [sm=shades.gif]

Old 11-06-2006, 10:15 PM
1st Gear Member

I guess I'll have to be nice to the wife all week and try to get an all day pass for Saturday instead of just an evening pass for the fights.

Funny you should mention the carb mod. I found this mod info when reading some posts about stalling in water.
Here's a good link from klxzone with pictures: Carb Vent Mod

I went out on Saturday to look for the T and had to stop at 3 hardware stores just to get soemthing that would work. Neither Lowes or Home Depot had a T that small. So I went to a local hardware store and the smallest I could fine was a 1/4 inch T, but the tubing is 3/16. The tubing is flexible enough to take the 1/4 inch so I bought a couple of them and will just make it work.

Don't worry about the terrain Deej. There's alot of everything at Reiter. Tony and Scott are good riders, but they're nice and won't get you into too much trouble. If they start to get too aggressive, we'll just go back down to the bottom and you can teach me how to do wheelie's. You will probably need the ibuprofen if you spend much time at Reiter though. It's a workout.

Duane

Old 11-06-2006, 10:18 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: duvallgold

I guess I'll have to be nice to the wife all week and try to get an all day pass for Saturday instead of just an evening pass for the fights.

Funny you should mention the carb mod. I found this mod info when reading some posts about stalling in water.
Here's a good link from klxzone with pictures: Carb Vent Mod

Duane
+1

Old 11-06-2006, 10:18 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: a16tony

Fine.....be that way. Family over KLX? Geezzzz. [sm=shades.gif]

trust me i would rather go play[]

Old 11-06-2006, 10:39 PM
1st Gear Member

There is a disturbance in the force, Scott, you will go riding, you will not remember this conversation.........

Quick Reply: PNW'ers Rieter Pit 11/11/06