places to ride in new jersey

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 07:00 PM
1st Gear Member
Default places to ride in new jersey

any new jersey riders have cool places to ride? i have a few in south jersey

1. behind JG Cooks Bar and Grill pitman- lots of hills from 1ft-75ft and low streams
2. Sandy's Island (old campground) rt.553 elk twp-3.5 mile loop in tight trails w/ some mud
3. old railroad bed-goes from glassboro to the coast fun pits along the way

Old 11-07-2007, 07:14 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: places to ride in new jersey

just be careful about posting where u ride if there "not legal" places. back when i had my quad, i used to belong to a CT ATV forum, people would talk about all these places they were riding, next day or week, they would go there, they were greeted by the DEP and a ticket (there is no legal place for quads in CT unless its private land). The DEP was monotring the site. I don't think you have to worry about it on here, but just some food for thought.

Old 11-07-2007, 08:29 PM
1st Gear Member

I too would love more locations here in NJ............

But I think it would be best to keep the actual location kept private by either email or PM.

Too many good places being shut down.....who knows who monitors these sites.[>:]

Also, people here are generally good....but if your prime location suddenly becomes invaded over night by people with no repect and it gets shut down.....well, you know who to blame.
One guy tells one guy who tells another who puts it on HIS forum..... than it's out there for the masses.
PM's are easy and can target specific people..as do emails......
Just be careful putting iton a web site that is free to view by anyone in the WORLD!!!
Seemsparanoid...but it does happen.
Stay Safe-
Dave

p.s. if your looking in the englishtown monroe manalapan area.....I have a spot.

Old 11-07-2007, 10:08 PM
1st Gear Member

I live in the south west part of jersey, salem county area and know of a few places around here and having a bike with a tag in a few places is a good thing.

Old 11-09-2007, 11:21 PM
1st Gear Member

I grew up in Cumberland county and most of the places we rode askids would have been considered tresspassing....but dam they were fun. There used to be quite a few sand and gravel pits around as S.Jersey was the medical glass manufacturing capitol of the world (still may be). You just looked for a powerline right-of-way and it would get you right into the pits. Huge playgrounds!You may want to check with some of the bike shops in Vineland/Millville/Buena/Mays Landing. I know from Vineland if you travel 47 towards the shore or 40 to AC there used to be alot of undeveloped country to ride. You may even be able to ride Belleplain State Forest.

Old 11-10-2007, 02:32 AM
1st Gear Member

Our local riding area got invaded by out of staters when the local ATV club posted the best riding in southern maine on their website and now most is closed to all wheeled vehicles.What really sucks is the area is only 14 telephone poles from my driveway and Maine gives you 500yds from trail to trail and most poles are 200ft apart,Now to ride I have to trailer it [:@]

Old 11-10-2007, 05:02 AM
1st Gear Member

my number 1. is the only iffy one, but all three i was turned on too by some corrections officers, maybe thats why i didnt get in trouble