Pivot Pegz

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 08:23 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Pivot Pegz

I am interested in getting better foot pegs for my bike as I find the stock pegs not very good for standing and I also have a lot of trouble knocking my gearbox into neutral while standing and going up and down hills. It is such a problem to be dangerous. With this in mind I had a look at the Pivot Pegz website and read quite a few glowing recommendations for them as being comfortable to stand on, very tough and great value for money despite their substantial cost.

After looking through their fitment list and seeing nothing that fits our bikes I emailed Allen at Pivot Pegz telling him the KLX250, 300 and 650 use the same pegs (the 400 which they make them for is a Suzuki and therefore doesn’t fit the other KLX's) and this is his reply.

Hi Garry,

We have been researching the KLX pegs and we have decided to start prototyping in effort to eventually have Pivot Pegz available for the KLX250, 300 & 650. Our prototyping and testing is quite in-depth and usually takes around 16 weeks from start to finish. If you send us your name, address and phone number we will enter your details into our Customer Database and we will contact as soon as the new KLX Pivot Pegz become available.

Kind Regards,

Allen
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now I don't know if they would do a group deal but if there is sufficient interest I will approach him and ask. So what do you think? Any interest?

Cheers

Old 12-07-2006, 01:43 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Pivot Pegz

What kind of price would we be looking at for them?
16 weeks.. wow...

Old 12-07-2006, 03:20 PM

I like the concept of these. If there aren't terribly expensive I might be interested.

I looked through their whole site and I can't find anything about regular prices on the pegs.

Old 12-07-2006, 05:50 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

I saw those last year even before I bought my bike, but then I forgot about them. Thanks.........thanks for making me want to buy yet another accessory for the bike. Maybe we could get a group buy on those too, maybe?

Old 12-07-2006, 05:59 PM
1st Gear Member

I bet they are in the $140.00 to $160.00 range. If so I might have to pass.

Old 12-07-2006, 07:11 PM
1st Gear Member

They ain't cheap, but for me I think they will be worth it. They retail for $220 Aus, so you guys pay about 3/4 of that or around $160 + freight

Old 12-07-2006, 08:59 PM
1st Gear Member

They look pretty trick, but are they worth the price (i.e. is the pivoting feature significant, or just a gimick)?

I've considered getting the IMS footpegs, but have trouble justifying $100+ for footpegs ... I'd even be embrassed to ask Santa for a pair! And 16 weeks? That's about as long as Eric has had to wait for his bike to get fixed (or so it seems (to him, anyway))!!!

I think I'll pass on this one ... a larger fuel tank is next on my Blist. *

Mike

* If "Blog" = Web + Log, then "Blist" = Bling + List

Old 12-07-2006, 10:59 PM
1st Gear Member

I just talked to a guy that said when you're riding on trails those pegs tend to make it harder to stay in control of braking and shifting since standing and riding pushes you backwards, I wonder if it would be harder to get your feet back to the forward position, so I don't know.

Old 12-08-2006, 08:23 AM
1st Gear Member

If you read the testimonials all will become clear grasshopper ..... [8D]

Anyway I'm gunna get the first set and I'll report in here of course

cheers

Old 04-27-2008, 10:38 PM
1st Gear Member

Did anyone ever put a set of these on their KLX? If yes whats the verdict & which part number did you use? They still do not list a pair for our bike!

Quick Reply: Pivot Pegz