Pirelli mt21

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 03:38 PM
1st Gear Member

Thanks for all the response. Point s well taken. Dot tire it is. 120. Now it's only between 606 or mt21. Just have to check over in person on monday. Cheers.

Old 03-21-2012, 06:46 PM
1st Gear Member

I'm running a TMII up front right now. No complaints. It sticks great for me on the trail.

Old 03-21-2012, 06:47 PM
1st Gear Member

Was thinking on the pirelli mt 21 but when I went to chaparral trackmaster 2 was on sale . Bought the set. Rides ok on street . will test this remember on the trail. Also installed rim locks front and back. tire tech said my front tires doesn't need to be balanced because it has the thing between the disc and the hub. It's rubber. Whats it called? He said it automatically balances the front tires at speed. I never read it being mentioned on the forums.

Old 03-21-2012, 07:18 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by gravel eddie
What do you guys think of the Trackmaster for the front? My new to me KLX came with a new Track master on the back and the original Dunlop on the front - which needs to be replaced. I like the rear Kenda and was ready to pull the trigger on a new front Track master at rockymtn, but there were some negative comments there regarding using it on the front. Any thoughts? I want something aggressive, I run Kenda 270's on the KLR but want something more aggressive for the KLX. Mixed conditions out here- muddy, rocky, etc.

I know, another tire question.
I ran the trackmaster on front and it was fair, a little spooky on the mountain trails tends to push in the corners. Last year I put a pirelli scorpion on the front and like it better.

Old 03-21-2012, 07:45 PM
1st Gear Member

TM II is a bit sketchy on pavement. Have heard the comment "That's a DOT tire?!" about the TMII.
I'd go with a 110 on the back with a 250cc motor. My $0.02.

Old 03-21-2012, 09:23 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Pogiboy
tire tech said my front tires doesn't need to be balanced because it has the thing between the disc and the hub. It's rubber. Whats it called? He said it automatically balances the front tires at speed. I never read it being mentioned on the forums.
Don't know about your newer bike. You'll know soon enough when you get up to speed on pavement. pogo stick bike.

Old 03-21-2012, 10:17 PM
1st Gear Member

I think many of the guys on here run non DOT tires. In most cases I think the difference between DOT and non DOT tires is the fact that it takes extra $$ for the tire mfg to get them DOT certified. Agree that it isn't worth the trouble if your bike gets inspected. I run non DOT tires here in IL.
Dan

Old 03-21-2012, 10:37 PM
1st Gear Member

Scorpion pro mx mh front dot 90/90 x 21
Kenda parker dt rear dot 110/100 x 18

Don't want to be on the wrong side of the law in case of an accident. Insurance companies can deny claims if your on the wrong end in an accident due to non compliance on stuff like that....

Old 03-22-2012, 12:45 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Pogiboy
Also installed rim locks front and back. tire tech said my front tires doesn't need to be balanced because it has the thing between the disc and the hub.
"the thing between the disc and the hub" : that's to keep the brake disc vibrations (noise) down. Self balancing tires/wheels. NOT likely. If you've got rim locks, at very least your front wheel will need to be balanced.
You might want to switch tire techs.

Old 03-22-2012, 01:44 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by ol'klx-er
"the thing between the disc and the hub" : that's to keep the brake disc vibrations (noise) down. Self balancing tires/wheels. NOT likely. If you've got rim locks, at very least your front wheel will need to be balanced.
You might want to switch tire techs.

Lol. Ok. Thanks

Quick Reply: Pirelli mt21