Pine Barrens Ride Pics (pics and vid clips)

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 08:33 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Pine Barrens Ride Pics (pics and vid clips)

I just thought of something....we never got a group pic!

Old 05-29-2007, 08:53 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: plameau

I just thought of something....we never got a group pic!
The bridge is probably the closest but Jimmi is not in it since he was filming. We all had our helmets on, though.

Old 05-29-2007, 09:04 PM
1st Gear Member

No problem Eric on the bike. Thanks for everyone who helped out on working on the KLX & XR. Got Suzanne Riding The KLX Yesterday when we got home around 4pm, And couldnt get her off the bike all afternoon. Got her feet up on the pegs and shifting through gears. It will be a few days for me to get my images up online aslong as the videos. Ready to ride with everyone again.... Was a great weekend I didnt wake up till 4:30pm today lol.

Old 05-29-2007, 11:36 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Here's a few of my pictures - I don't have any from the actual riding, didn't have a good way to carry my camera without it falling out of my camelbak, bummer.

On the road at 3 am [sm=insomnia.gif]:

Arrival - got the bikes unloaded. Chris was originally booked for this trip, but he sold his bike to Dave (Divodave) so he could buy that nice KLR650. So I brought up Chris's KLX for Dave which he turned over to Collie to ride for the weekend:

And since Chris bailed on me and didn't make the trip, I had this luxury suite all to myself :

Some Friday evening prep - Eric in the foreground, Patrick working on Nate's (digitaloverkill) bike, and Jimmi and Dave (DirtSurfer) in the background:

Patrick's tricked out bike - how much did all those parts cost Patrick .... oh, that's right, you have your own TV show with sponsors for that :

Nice looking pipe - yep, you are seeing correctly - that is carbon fiber:

Nate, Patrick, and Craig (lcpl0331):

Dave and Jimmi (Mono). Jimmi is like Yoda on a dirt bike - Feel the force all around you, in the rock, in the tree, in each grain of sand, become one with the machine - only then can you become "dirt biker". "And you better not F'n take off on your own when I tell you to stay put!" [sm=icon_ladiesman.gif]

Patrick still fixing up Nate's bike and Craig in the background:

The KaTooM after Saturday's Day 1 ride. By this point, I had changed the oil. Later I would change out the air filter - the old one was black with dust - and lube up the chain.

Dinner after Day 1 ride. Little did I know that the Irish (Dave [Divodave], Collin, and Pete) were having gormet prepared smoked pork and other delicacies. They loaded me up with some of their good stuff a little while later - who was I to refuse such a gormet treat. Those guys can cook, both on and off the bikes!

Some free loaders:

They got a belly full from my cooler.

The KaBooM at the end of Sunday's Day 2 ride. Bike ran great, handles great - no major damage, just some scuffs here and there. I'm surprised it didn't boil over on The Cork Screw trail but it was fine. I did dispatch a side reflector off my left fork tube when I went down over Patrick's flimsey log crossing. That was before they dug it halfway into the ground - I went to go over it but when my front wheel contacted it about 3/4 up the log took off rolling underneath me. Feeling I couldn't save it, I hit the eject button and my thrusters carried me to safety while the KaTooM went kaboom. I don't think anyone has any footage of that, though.

One of the structures on the campground:

The view looking out across Lake Absegami where we camped:

Monday - pulling into my driveway ready to unload. I was beat, but had a fantastic time! I'll definitely be there for the next one.

Old 05-30-2007, 12:15 AM
1st Gear Member

Brian i was behind you on that cork screw trail and you rode it beautifully. that right there was a TOUGH trail. IF it could even be called a trail.I should have taken a pic because without seeing it no one will know how bad it really was. it was the clutch that was worrying me. it got roasted down in the bottom area where dave was having all those issues.

Old 05-30-2007, 12:27 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Yeah, I was really trying to go easy on the clutch since that's what seems to cook on the KTM's and make them get a lot hotter. And without a fan (yet), I didn't want to have to test out my bodged up catch tank. You guys are awesome riders - I learned a lot this weekend, that's for sure. But the tight singletrack is what I have most of here and that's where I was most comfortable. But flying fast on the sandy trails was such a blast - I can't stop thinking about how fun that was once I started getting the hang of the feel of the bike, much thanks to Jimmi's excellent instruction. But two days just isn't quite enough ... I wish we had some trails like that here - that was such a blast!!

Now, the whoops are an entirely different story - I think I saw Jesus on one of them, but it wasn't my time I guess.

Old 05-30-2007, 12:31 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Ok two things, the green has to be all the same color and what's with the tear in the seat? Come on Patrick don't make me obsess. Just kidding buddy, man you guys must have really had fun. thanks for sharing all the pics.[sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 05-30-2007, 12:57 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: lcpl0331

Brian i was behind you on that cork screw trail and you rode it beautifully. that right there was a TOUGH trail. IF it could even be called a trail.I should have taken a pic because without seeing it no one will know how bad it really was. it was the clutch that was worrying me. it got roasted down in the bottom area where dave was having all those issues.
Yeah, that corkscrew trail was insane. Picture a 5-7 mile winding deer run (ie, not really a trail, mostly just brush that is moved slightly to each side….) with the last three miles having more then 50 sets of side-by-side trees that are no more then 2.5 feet wide…(handle bars are 3 ft wide on my bike…) Needless to say, it gave me a bit of a problem.
[sm=jawdrop.gif]
Patrick was hilarious.. He would stop and wait by having a smoke and being almost completely done before I turned the corner.[8D] His advice to me (which was…how should I put this… A bit out of my league…) was to pull a wheelie at each set of trees and turn the handlebars as you pass through… YEAH.. RIGHT…I’m all over that one….. [sm=forgetit.gif]

Just a bit of insight to share how advanced our tour guides were this weekend…

Craig (lcpl0331) was kind enough to give me the intermediate version of how to navigate through them, having spent a lot of time in the New England woods, he had quite a bit of experience getting through tight trees….quite the learning experience for me…..

I just wanted to take a moment to thank our hosts, Jimmi and Patrick, for an awsome weekend ride!!! Jimmi and Patrick gave us a lot of good pointers, both on the trails and in the "pits" and both were awesome speed and technical riders.
[/b]
Now if I can just get down those front wheelie handlebar turns through the trees……[:@]

Old 05-30-2007, 02:46 AM
1st Gear Member

i'm with you on that one too dave. i'll keep the front wheel on the ground an just weave thru those trees.

Old 05-30-2007, 04:22 AM
1st Gear Member

We will be going back there soon and we will get some helmet cam footage of that trail and post it.

I was just thinking of a way to practice threading trees. You could use 2 pvc pipes with a flexable base and practice in the driveway. No pain, all skill building.

I onlythreaded 40-50% of those trees some were really close. I backed off after I slammed a pine REAL hard in 2nd. We are talkin 20-22" between them. I bent the barkbuster pretty bad and almost went down. Fun stuff![sm=yeahsmile.gif]

Quick Reply: Pine Barrens Ride Pics (pics and vid clips)