Pilot screw tool

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2012, 04:46 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by CravingPantera
Don't even waste your money on that stupid Kouba screw!! Try and make an adjustment once! Your fingers will be meat after the first attempt! It's a joke! Whatever you do don't drop it, it's toast. Like THEY said....get a flat blade bit. After your riding and that stupid screw works itself loose....good luck trying to find that super tiny washer and o ring. People don't tell you that part of it!
Kouba screw has worked great for me. I've had none of those issues. In my experience, you can reach in and push one side of the "T" or the other, to make an adjustment while the bike is hot. I've never had mine move one bit from where i set it.

Old 12-25-2012, 07:20 PM
1st Gear Member

Mixed reviews I guess. I'm out 3 turns on mine. As soon as I opened the bag, the slip of paper said you go out more then 2 and a half, it can and will wiggle out. It's cool if it works for you, nice easy adjustment! I put it in, turned super hard, fingers went meat quick, pulled it out, dropped it on the concrete in my basement, tip was bent, washer went flying, I swore numerous times, proceeded to have a Heineken, and through the whole works away!! I like that flat bit holder!! Scoring one of those! With the humidity up here in summer, my bike runs different day to day anyways. New factory screw...2 7/8 , I'm calling her good. Just found that washer, it was in my beer. Ya right.

Old 12-26-2012, 07:51 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by dan888
Kouba screw has worked great for me. I've had none of those issues. In my experience, you can reach in and push one side of the "T" or the other, to make an adjustment while the bike is hot. I've never had mine move one bit from where i set it.
^yup. happy with mine.

If you really need to be 3 turns out on the pilot, you probably need a larger pilot. Not Kouba's fault.

Old 12-26-2012, 12:31 PM
1st Gear Member

Mine is super hard to turn on the 250S. Fortunately, I've never had to on the fly - it is a finger ripper.

Old 12-26-2012, 03:36 PM
1st Gear Member

My Kouba doesn't turn easy either. I use a combination of a leather gloved hand and something to poke with (stick, screwdriver, whatever) to adjust when hot.

Old 12-26-2012, 04:05 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

I bought one of these a few years ago, kind of like the clutch holder, I never used either of them, I think its for adjusting whatever I thought I was going to adjust. LOL Why am I buying things I either never use or can't because it doesn't even apply to what I have? LOL anyway, here it is.

I should give it to someone on the forums. We could make it a contest. In 25 words or less tell me why you deserve this tool. hahahahaha annnnnnn go!

Old 12-26-2012, 04:57 PM
1st Gear Member

THAT TOOL could never be used to adj the carb. Do not send it to me! If your that far away from the screw, rotation of any more than 5 degrees is going to hit something. Most useless tool I have ever seen, throw it away.

edit: Hmmmm, I thougth that was a solid shaft, now I see it has somehow sneaked an internal rotating shaft, nm.

Last edited by durielk; 12-26-2012 at 05:14 PM.
Old 12-26-2012, 05:03 PM
1st Gear Member

I've got the one Deej posted, can't use it on the KLX due to the starter with the stock carb. Hopefully it will work for the TM36-68 i'm planning on.

Works great on my 4-wheeler though.

Old 12-26-2012, 05:54 PM
1st Gear Member

Why do I need that tool for my 300R? Well, what I really need is MORE COWBELL.

Kawi sells no cowbell. I need that tool.

Old 12-26-2012, 06:57 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by djchan
Why do I need that tool for my 300R? Well, what I really need is MORE COWBELL.

Kawi sells no cowbell. I need that tool.

you asked for it

Quick Reply: Pilot screw tool