Picture this

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 05:48 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Picture this

ORIGINAL: EMS_0525

Perfect example of why work should stay at work, when i leave the office, i dont think about work until i walk through the door the next morning.... i feel the same way about school, school should stay at school... thats why i never did homework.....

Congrads deej!
That's a nice thought and a great theory, but I have been here since the doors opened in July of 1995. So I have a measure of ownership, and besides in the maintenance field some things can't wait until the next day. I am the Emergency contact, the fire marshal the safety coordinator and the maintenance crew all rolled into one. If I had the budget I would have another person, but I don't. However I never complain about my job, in fact I love what I do, I mean how many people are not only doing what they wanted to do as a teenager, but are loving every day at what they do? Not too often. I mean one day I'm an Electrician, the next day I'm falling trees, (actually felling trees) and the next day I'm trying to find an emergency generator or calling to get equipment or supplies to the facility. Never a dull moment and for sure in the 11 years I have worked here no two days have ever been the same. [8D]

Old 12-12-2006, 05:52 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Thats understandable, and it sounds like you knew that taking that job, but i dont think i would like that... i would like that job, but if i wasnt the only person it would be better... it does sound like fun.

Old 12-12-2006, 06:50 PM

Now Deej, tell the truth . . . .

I'll bet you have an emergency generator hooked up to that coffee pot!

Old 12-12-2006, 06:52 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

[sm=funnypostabove.gif][sm=funnypostabove.gif] LOL....that he pours into his IV drip...

Old 12-12-2006, 06:55 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Old 12-12-2006, 07:08 PM

[sm=dontgetit.gif][sm=dontgetit.gif]

Old 12-13-2006, 01:12 AM
1st Gear Member

Sounds like you've found the ideal job for you ... exactly like the advice my Dad always gave me:

"Figure out what it is that you like doing, then go find someone who'll pay you to do it."

Anyway, it sounded like good advice to me, but then I always wondered, "If its such good advice, why aren't there more gynecologists???"

ORIGINAL: deej

That's a nice thought and a great theory, but I have been here since the doors opened in July of 1995. So I have a measure of ownership, and besides in the maintenance field some things can't wait until the next day. I am the Emergency contact, the fire marshal the safety coordinator and the maintenance crew all rolled into one. If I had the budget I would have another person, but I don't. However I never complain about my job, in fact I love what I do, I mean how many people are not only doing what they wanted to do as a teenager, but are loving every day at what they do? Not too often. I mean one day I'm an Electrician, the next day I'm falling trees, (actually felling trees) and the next day I'm trying to find an emergency generator or calling to get equipment or supplies to the facility. Never a dull moment and for sure in the 11 years I have worked here no two days have ever been the same. [8D]

Old 12-13-2006, 05:29 AM

ORIGINAL: YYY.GUY

"Figure out what it is that you like doing, then go find someone who'll pay you to do it."

Anyway, it sounded like good advice to me, but then I always wondered, "If its such good advice, why aren't there more gynecologists???"

Probably because you get a whole lot more patients like this:

Then this:

Old 12-13-2006, 07:03 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

And they say we all look alike.......I don't think so

Old 12-13-2006, 07:13 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Marty

ORIGINAL: YYY.GUY

Probably because you get a whole lot more patients like this:

Then this:

Good point!

From another perspective, though, Deej is kind of in the same line of work ... both involve a lot of MAINTENANCE!!!

Quick Reply: Picture this