Part number for the air/fuel mixture screw

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 07:01 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Part number for the air/fuel mixture screw

Does anybody happen to know the part number for the air/fuel mixture screw that's under the plug. I looked on bike bandit but cant really find it in the drawings so I'm not sure what the part number is.

I would like to order a extra one when I order my jets. I'm hoping I could attach/weld/epoxy an adittional piece on the end of it so I can adjust it with the carb on the bike. When I had my Suzuki Dr250 I was able to order a Extended mixure screw so I could adjust the A/F mixture while it was running and the carb was still on the bike. Makes thing a lot easier when it come to dialing in the carb.

Thanks

LV

Old 09-15-2006, 07:08 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Part number for the air/fuel mixture screw

You could always just buy a pilot screw adjustment tool. They have a long handle and are basically a screw driver with a shaft driven bit thats at a right angle to the handle. Or by the sounds of it you, like me, would prefer to make the tools required. If that's the case a few posts down there is some info on making your own pilot screw adjuster. At least I think it was on here, may have been advrider.

Old 09-15-2006, 07:18 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bryantjt

You could always just buy a pilot screw adjustment tool. They have a long handle and are basically a screw driver with a shaft driven bit thats at a right angle to the handle. Or by the sounds of it you, like me, would prefer to make the tools required. If that's the case a few posts down there is some info on making your own pilot screw adjuster. At least I think it was on here, may have been advrider.

No I saw the post on the home made tool but I didnt care for it. Got any links to this tool your talking about. On my Dr250 it was so easy. there was a Knurled end sticking out just past the tube that held the screw. I just used a par of needle nose pliers to adjust it. Piece of cake. As many different versions of the Klx250 that Kawi has sold I'm suprised there isnt anything out there like that for our bikes.

LV

Old 09-15-2006, 07:23 PM
1st Gear Member

Motion Pro, Inc.'s new pilot screw adjusting tool was designed to fit into those tight areas on multi-cylinder motorcycles. This unit features a 1" angled head for those hard to reach pilot screws. Length is approximately 17" with a flat slot blade tip.

http://www.bikebandit.com/partsbandi...ion_path~2.asp

Old 09-15-2006, 08:08 PM

Josh,

Is the Motion Pro tool just a bent screw driver or is the angle portion a sleave contain a drive wire for a rotating tip. I may not be using the right words here, but I am thinking it is the latter for two reasons: (a) 25 bucks is a lot for just a bent screwdriver and (b) I think even if you were able to get at the pilot screw with the thing, you would not be able to turn it.

Now that I think of it, I guess I have answered my own question, but I would appreciate it if you could confirm or correct me.

Thanks,
Chris

Old 09-15-2006, 08:18 PM
1st Gear Member

I still say that a extended F/A mixture screw with a knurled end on it would be the way to go. Probably wouldnt be hard to make one if I had a spare screw. Just dont want to hose my factory A/F mixture screw.

Old 09-15-2006, 08:23 PM

Part Number: 16014-1081
Description: SCREW-PILOT AIR
Source: KAWASAKI
Price: $10.18

Old 09-15-2006, 08:47 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Richt

Part Number: 16014-1081
Description: SCREW-PILOT AIR
Source: KAWASAKI
Price: $10.18

Sweet, Thanks....

LV

Old 09-15-2006, 09:06 PM

LV,

It probably goes without saying, but make sure and report on how things go with this addition. I considered something similar, but then forgot to order the screw.

Chris

Old 09-16-2006, 12:00 AM

possable to attach the **** from the end of a pair of vise grips to one ?

Quick Reply: Part number for the air/fuel mixture screw