opinions on front tire

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 03:24 AM
1st Gear Member
Default opinions on front tire

whats everyones opinion on the best front tire I can get. I want the most off road traction you can get and still be street legal. I had a d606 installed on the rear two days ago. And before I settle for another front D606 I am wondering if there is a better front tire. The tire is 80 percent wore out and last weekend I hit some 3 inch or so deep mud and I saw jesus but made it thru, I never felt such a wierd feeling I wasnt steering but the bike was. I would have throttled thru it, but last weekend my rear tire was bald on the center ***** and I would have eatin mud, I just maintained everything and slid on thru. I dont want too soft of a tire (tyre) that I need to replace it every six months unless its a 40 dollar tire

Old 06-27-2009, 03:48 AM
1st Gear Member

Have you gone to BikeBandit and searched for dualsport tires? They have a few there to choose from. A lot of times they're prices are a bit better than most places. Definately better than any dealer than I've seen.

Old 06-27-2009, 03:58 AM
1st Gear Member

I have shopped bike bandit motorcycle-superstore and rockymountainatv all 3 had good prices and fast delivery to washington. I was looking more for experiences from riders who ridden way longer than my 3 months of riding
I've ridden dirt bikes in the past and street bikes for 16 years. I've just never combined the two until now

Old 06-27-2009, 04:14 AM
1st Gear Member

I've heard the dunlop rear and Trackmaster II front combination is the best. I don't have any personal experience, but it's been discussed here before. I'm sure someone will be along to give you their advice.

Old 06-27-2009, 04:41 AM
1st Gear Member

I'm partial to the trackmasters. The rear is good for about 1000 miles as long as you don't run it on the street for too many of those miles. You'll get a bit more out of the front. Traction is very good in the dirt but sucks on the street. I haven't tried any other tires so I can't give you any comparisons.

Old 06-27-2009, 06:36 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by clgdswr
whats everyones opinion on the best front tire I can get. I want the most off road traction you can get and still be street legal.
Dunlop D908F. I'll be getting one once my front D603 bites it. Had the AC10 front for a while but disappointed with the wear so I passed it on to a buddy for a favor. They came stock on my mates 08 CRF250X. They worked a treat on all terrains and have worn well too.

http://shop.hondampe.com.au/wps/wcm/...X+08/Features/

Last edited by WestOzKLX; 06-27-2009 at 07:36 AM.
Old 06-27-2009, 07:24 AM
1st Gear Member

If you were you used to the 606 front....Stay with it....

I had to swap my rear and stayed with my 606 front...No need to try a different front..And learn how the front reacts all over again.....I wanted concinstancy..I kept the 606....My thoughts are the 606 is the perfect front for my style....

Rocco

Old 06-29-2009, 07:29 PM
1st Gear Member

the problem I have with my 606 front is that my Trackmaster II Rear just kinda pushes it everwhere, I hate it. Never had that problem until I stuck the beefier tire on the rear, Me, I def. need something more mighty on the front to keep from sliding

Old 06-30-2009, 02:10 AM
1st Gear Member

I installed the new rear d606 and it made the front damn near go straight everytime I tried to corner it offroad. On road its fine. But right now the front tire is heavily worn and is next to be replaced unless I can find something with some good grab to it in the dirt. I'd also like to know if I could get a little bigger front tire

Last edited by clgdswr; 06-30-2009 at 02:12 AM.
Old 06-30-2009, 02:16 AM
1st Gear Member

I have been using these for a few years now, front and back.
http://www.mxretreads.com.au/index.php
I was put onto them by a local trail bike tour company and I have been very happy with them.
Good all round grip and good wear.
I know, I know, there not street legal.
But in 30 years, its never been a problem.

Quick Reply: opinions on front tire