Online Suppliers. The good, The bad, The Ugly

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 02:07 AM
1st Gear Member

I vote cycle gear!!! =)

Old 01-11-2010, 02:33 AM
1st Gear Member

I 've used Twisted T., Bike Bandit, and RockyMnt. All good.
Twisted is the only supplier for the BMW stuff - only a Crash bar and sproket so far... But all good.
Various stuff from Biek bandit. All good.
Mostly buy from RM... All good.

Old 01-11-2010, 04:33 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 09'Kawi250s
I vote cycle gear!!! =)
Can you post the website?
Thanks Jim

on an unrelated note one thing I would like to see on all these sights is slightly better filters. Some will allow you for example to look for only XL helmets or Jerseys or sort by brand but I have not seen one that allows to sort by color. Since I am just getting into this I thought I might as well match but its tedious to check for available colors if the color I am looking for is not hte one displayed.
...........Just My grump of the day!

Old 01-11-2010, 05:24 AM
1st Gear Member

+1 on cyclegear.com - They are even better in store, they'll match the website price (they even price matched walmart on mobil 1 oil, in the store). Shop there a bit and they send coupons, I got a $25 of a purchase of $75. They also offer 10% military discount.

RMATV has been great for me as well. Wheeling cycle was great as was the Nomad rack guy from ebay. My only relatively bad deal was with motorcyle-superstore.com, they have great close out deals that you order online which you will never get. I placed 2 or 3 orders and checked the status each day for a week, the item said "on order" well after calling them, the product was sold out and they were never getting more. I have had two other positive sales with them but I usually call them now to verify that they actually have what I am ordering.

Old 01-12-2010, 03:33 AM
1st Gear Member
Smile

My dealings with RMATV and Motorcycle Superstore have all been good. With 5 bikes and a scooter in the family we order a lot of parts and gear. D2Moto is smaller but good as well. At Christmas I take the kids to the dealership and have them try on stuff for sizes and styles. Then Santa goes online and does his best.

Old 01-12-2010, 04:06 AM
1st Gear Member

Best RMATV and Dennis Kirk, had some issues with OEM cycle, worst was dualstar and Boulder mt cycle salvage (who changes their name on ebay monthly)

Old 01-12-2010, 04:33 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by maninthesea
Can you post the website?
Thanks Jim
www.google.com

cycle gear website into the search box

1st result is

Cycle Gear - Motorcycle Apparel, Parts and Accessories
America's largest and fastest-growing retailer of motorcycle parts, apparel and accessories for your Sportbike, Streetbike, Cruiser, Motocross and Off-Road ...
www.cyclegear.com/ - Cached - Similar
Store locations
Men's Apparel
Motorcycle Helmets
Motion pro
Tires & Wheels
Tires
Online Outlet
Off-Road

Google is your friend

Old 01-12-2010, 04:34 AM
1st Gear Member
Old 01-12-2010, 11:42 AM
1st Gear Member

I just wanted to suggest putting in the website like most of the other posts. But thanks for google.

+1 on the nomad rack guy from ebay(I dont belive he works off a website) However I noticed today that the long bolts that go thru the side panels are getting quite rusty.

Old 01-18-2010, 11:51 PM
1st Gear Member

+1 for Rocky Mountain ATV. I've bought parts from a lot of different sources over the years, and I am a nut about comparison shopping. I've found that, for dirt bike stuff, I usually can't find much better prices than RMATV. Sometimes someone else might be a little less on one or two items, but the shipping is higher, or they don't have all the parts I need, or whatever.

Quick Reply: Online Suppliers. The good, The bad, The Ugly