Oh yeah baby!!! got an '09................!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 08:25 PM
IG
Default Oh yeah baby!!! got an '09................!!

brochure that is. hehe. I stopped by a dealer here in DM and they had a brochure. Has some pics in it I've never seen before from like if you were sitting on the seat looking down. It shows the new digital display, the different bend of the handlebar and what the front fender looks like from the riders position. It also talks about it having new larger radiators which I think a lot of people have overlooked. I know the KLX gets hot and hopefully having an improved cooling system will help alleviate some of that. It also mentions a new footpeg position and it has some cool touches of black metal throughout the bike- like the triple tree is black along with the handlebar clamp. It looks pretty cool as it meets the top of the more squared off black tank. The dealer said he hopes to get some in Feb. but says he wouldn't be surprised if it was a little later since it is an '09. He really didn't know for sure.

Old 01-02-2008, 08:53 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Oh yeah baby!!! got an '09................!!

I have never even herd my cooling fan kick on....wait.. maybe once... Man you have to be kicking your self for selling the one you had... but maybe it was a good thing, now you have a chance to geta new one... I bet you have a real understanding wife... lol So you gonna get one for sure? Id like to see some good pics of it... come on man... put your order in....

Old 01-02-2008, 09:19 PM
1st Gear Member

What a TARD!

Old 01-02-2008, 10:29 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Beardoge

What a TARD!

[sm=lame.gif]
[sm=nono.gif][sm=nothatway.gif]

Old 01-02-2008, 10:32 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

I had my fan kick on once. It was 100 degrees out, and I was in first gear for like 2 miles on a steep single track. Other than that I haven't heard it. Hurry up and buy the new KLX so we can dog it.....[8D] Just messing with ya man. Speaking of brochures, I still have the large full color brochure from September of 05 when I ordered the first one here on the peninsula. Kind of a collectors item now.

Old 01-02-2008, 10:33 PM
1st Gear Member

I sat on and took a ton of pictures of the 2009 KLX; man is it nice. So many little touches, really made the bike hot looking. If I had to do it all over again, I would grab a 2009 in a second....then I would have to mod the hell out of it again of course.

As for heat, my bikes fan will come on when I am ripping it up in the back with lots of short bursts of WOT and then quick stops. Doesn't stay on long and I never feel any heat from the motor, but yeah, it will go on and off as needed.

Old 01-02-2008, 10:49 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: marc11

I sat on and took a ton of pictures of the 2009 KLX; man is it nice.
Haha, man you can't say that without posting them!!! Lets see em. What are you holding out on us for

Old 01-02-2008, 10:49 PM
1st Gear Member

oops

Old 01-02-2008, 10:53 PM
IG

ORIGINAL: marc11

I sat on and took a ton of pictures of the 2009 KLX; man is it nice. So many little touches, really made the bike hot looking. If I had to do it all over again, I would grab a 2009 in a second....then I would have to mod the hell out of it again of course.

As for heat, my bikes fan will come on when I am ripping it up in the back with lots of short bursts of WOT and then quick stops. Doesn't stay on long and I never feel any heat from the motor, but yeah, it will go on and off as needed.
hey marc, good to hear from you again. How have you been? You said you took a ton of pics, can you post any? I'm sick of looking at corporate photos. I've seen pics of the green at the tokyo autoshow and other shows, but have yet to see the red in any other type of photo other than kawasaki.com.

Eric- Once they come out, I'll get one asap. Cycletrader.com dealers are advertising the new KLX for $4599. That's a pretty good price for a bike that isn't even available yet. I have a feeling this bike is going to be hard to come by at first. I hope everyone hates red, cuz that's the color I want. The red/silver, and now with the little cool touches of black metal throughout is really neat. It says the seat is now "more comfortable", but it is smaller and not as thick. I don't see how that can be more comfortable. The wife thinks I'm crazy (I'm constantly buying and selling)and yes as I've said before, I do regret selling my KLX. It was awesome and ran great. But the DRZ was too, it just needed a 6th gear like crazy. That bike has so much to offer, they just need to tweak it a bit, but not much.

Old 01-03-2008, 01:03 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: IG

It says the seat is now "more comfortable", but it is smaller and not as thick. I don't see how that can be more comfortable.
That's probably in regard to longer stretches of pavement where the soft seat climbes right up your azz. Ouch, it still hurtsjust think about it. [:@]

The aftermarket seat I bought was firmer and helped in that regard. I hope the 09 seat isn't quite a firm as that one though. A lot of more shock gets transmitted to the rider. Ishould have my Renazco ina couple of weeks. If I did mostly offroad, there would be no needthough.

Quick Reply: Oh yeah baby!!! got an '09................!!