nsw, Australian licensing rule changes

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 10:54 AM
1st Gear Member
Default nsw, Australian licensing rule changes

many of you have heard over the last couple of days, the provisional licencing rules will be changed in nsw. currently it is 3months learner and 12months provisional. they plan to change the provisional licencing from 12months to 36months! adding $300 per licence in fees

THANK YOU Nathan Rees,(******)

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/licensing/...cle/index.html

Old 03-11-2009, 12:33 PM
1st Gear Member

Ever notice how rule changes always make things suckier and never better?

Mike

Old 03-11-2009, 01:29 PM
1st Gear Member

From your article; “Motorcyclists aged under 20 are almost five times more likely to crash than other motorbike riders,” Mr Rees said.

I would also be unhappy about the added fees, but I didn't see any requirements that I wouldn't impose myself on any of my kids (if any of them were 16-20). It requires them to take a Motorcycle Safety Course. It requires them to have a 0% alcohol level when riding. It causes them to lose their license if they engage in the kind of riding that statistically causes death in these young people. Motorcycles are fun to ride, I plan on riding into my 70s or 80s, not tossing my life away at age 19 showing my "skills". I watched a young man the other day, riding a wheelie on a crotch rocket, on the freeway, in traffic at 65mph, WITHOUT A HELMET! While I admired his sense of balance, I honestly feared for his life (and called him a dumbass).

If that ****** Rees helps prevent even one death, it will have been worth it.

Old 03-11-2009, 05:08 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

While training is #1 in saving lives, adding more restrictions will just make more people decide not to do anything and the number of accidents and deaths will actually go up. Sad but true. What they need to do is get the government to subsidize training, not add more restrictions and cost. If its low cost they will come......and live to ride another day.

Old 03-11-2009, 05:27 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by warski
I watched a young man the other day, riding a wheelie on a crotch rocket, on the freeway, in traffic at 65mph, WITHOUT A HELMET! While I admired his sense of balance, I honestly feared for his life (and called him a dumbass).

If that ****** Rees helps prevent even one death, it will have been worth it.
New restrictions will never stop dumbasses.

Mike

Old 03-12-2009, 05:37 AM
1st Gear Member

All they have done is bring Motorcycle licenses in line with car licenses.

Old 03-12-2009, 07:39 AM
1st Gear Member

to get your motorcycle licence in nsw, you must go under 3 separate riding tests/training. they have added one more test and an extra 2years with a target...i mean p'plate on the back.

i agree that these new laws wont really stop the accients, as i am 17, and the fact that i will lose my car and bike licence if i caught speeding dosn't faze me, i am just more select where i speed/know how to get away in the areas i know. adleast if will reduce the dumb f**ks on the road.

some of my frends have lost their licence and they just drive with out one.

Old 03-12-2009, 10:54 AM
1st Gear Member

sounds to me its more about the extra fee's..........
I bet in 2-4 years the injury/death rates/per motorcycle don't change.

“Motorcyclists aged under 20 are almost five times more likely to crash than other motorbike riders,” Mr Rees said
the same can be said for new drivers of cars as well. what are they going to do to change that? and they are behind 3000Lbs
battering rams; in fact I bet new auto drivers hirt five times as many people than the motorcyclists do.

90% of people who die in traffic accidents of any kind ate some kind of potato products in the last 72 hours.

we should stop growing them-- they are bad.
Or how about put an extra tax on them to pay for the damage they do...... no better yet training courses and lic fees.
When you go through the drive up window you must show a special ID to buy chips.-- hey they are just trying to save you from you.....

after all, if your dead how can they collect more taxes from you.

Last edited by wedge; 03-12-2009 at 11:08 AM.
Old 03-13-2009, 05:07 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by fgk228
to get your motorcycle licence in nsw, you must go under 3 separate riding tests/training. they have added one more test and an extra 2years with a target...i mean p'plate on the back.

i agree that these new laws wont really stop the accients, as i am 17, and the fact that i will lose my car and bike licence if i caught speeding dosn't faze me, i am just more select where i speed/know how to get away in the areas i know. adleast if will reduce the dumb f**ks on the road.

some of my frends have lost their licence and they just drive with out one.
well your friends are the dumb f**ks. When they get caught they will lose their licences for longer and get huge fines. They may also go to jail. Does that sound like fun?
You also will get caught speeding one day

Old 03-13-2009, 08:59 AM
1st Gear Member

gaol you mean, and to be sent to gaol you must have repeaded infringments of driving on a suspended licence. call me and my friends what you like, but creating extra laws on young drivers will not stop deaths. you can have 30yrs of exp but if a car runs a red light its not going to matter weather in a car or on a bike.

there are better ways to decrease the death toll. a retest of all full licence riders after 12months or 6months would be fairer.

Quick Reply: nsw, Australian licensing rule changes