now avalable, veo vince exhuast.

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 09:05 AM
1st Gear Member
Default now avalable, veo vince exhuast.

just browsing a site i herd from a pod cast, and this was said to be a best seller some how. i would love to see a picture.
http://www.tremx.com/2009_KAWASAKI_K...enduro_klx.htm

Old 05-08-2010, 10:17 AM
1st Gear Member
Old 05-09-2010, 01:55 AM
1st Gear Member
Thumbs up

Pfft. I can get an FMF s/a for the same price. Been around just as long if not longer. Leo Vince exhausts look cheap to me anyway. Good post though.

Old 05-09-2010, 09:38 AM
1st Gear Member

its a euro thing for most, and they are not cheaply made, trust me. i still like my hmf better, but i posted it up so people would know theres more out there. im still talking to the guy from rocket exhaust about making one for us, but hes been busy and keeps telling me to check back with him.

Old 05-09-2010, 12:56 PM
1st Gear Member

Stromvader, the LeoVince group have been making exhausts since 1954 while FMF have been for just over 30yrs. They are extremely well made and the high quality of the packing material they use means they don't need to be repacked as often as others. They are also one of only a few manufacturers that accommodate the O2 sensor that the EFI KLX250 has which, together with the reasons mentioned above, makes it a very popular choice with European and Asian KLX250 owners.

Old 05-09-2010, 03:16 PM
1st Gear Member

It'll be a toss up between HMF and FMF when I decide to purchase. Unfortunately, price will be the determining factor.

Old 05-09-2010, 11:46 PM
1st Gear Member

I was actually interested in an HMF exhaust myself but want an exhaust which accommodates the O2 sensor on the EFI bike so have limited choice. I don't want to add the Lambda boss after purchase so contacted HMF to see if they would be able to add one to one of theirs.

I contacted them about x8 times and explained that there are many KLX owners who want more choice for their EFI bikes and even sent them a technical drawing of the Leo Vince pipe which shows where they located the Lambda boss on theirs so that HMF would know where to add one to their exhaust. I only got one, very short reply saying they basically weren't interested! Very surprising as they would get a lot of business if they offered an exhaust that was suitable for the EFI bike.

Old 05-10-2010, 02:01 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by STROMVADER
Pfft. I can get an FMF s/a for the same price. Been around just as long if not longer. Leo Vince exhausts look cheap to me anyway. Good post though.
Pfff. I would buy a Leo over a FMF anyday. Cheaply made---over FMF!?!?!?!? pa-lease. Do some research.

Old 05-10-2010, 10:03 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by skybluestu
I was actually interested in an HMF exhaust myself but want an exhaust which accommodates the O2 sensor on the EFI bike so have limited choice. I don't want to add the Lambda boss after purchase so contacted HMF to see if they would be able to add one to one of theirs.

I contacted them about x8 times and explained that there are many KLX owners who want more choice for their EFI bikes and even sent them a technical drawing of the Leo Vince pipe which shows where they located the Lambda boss on theirs so that HMF would know where to add one to their exhaust. I only got one, very short reply saying they basically weren't interested! Very surprising as they would get a lot of business if they offered an exhaust that was suitable for the EFI bike.
a. they wouldnt do it cus we dont have that here, and they are worryed about sales in there own area, and not the 1 or 2 sales to europe.

b. it couldnt be that hard to weld in a 02 bung would it?

Old 05-10-2010, 11:56 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by punkenduro09
a. they wouldnt do it cus we dont have that here, and they are worryed about sales in there own area, and not the 1 or 2 sales to europe.

b. it couldnt be that hard to weld in a 02 bung would it?
a) 1-2 sales to Europe?! Maybe if you'd said 1-200 you'd be closer to the correct figure, maybe even more. And it's not just Europe, it's Asia too. The EFI version is sold in many countries in Asia, where I live in Thailand it's the most popular 250cc bike currently sold and the D-Tracker X (KLX250SF) is hugely popular in Japan too and there's a massive demand for aftermarket exhausts even at ridiculous prices. For example, the Leo Vince pipe this thread is about sells for 21,500baht in Bangkok...that's $700!!!

b) No it wouldn't be that hard to weld in an o2 bung, there are plenty of guys here who have done so on 2bros, Akrapovic, FMF etc but that's my whole point. If possible, people would rather purchase something that doesn't need to be changed and HMF make pipes for other EFI bikes so it would be very easy for them to add one to the pipe they already make for the KLX250 and once word got around then they would get a lot of sales. But if they also think like you then why would they, they'd only get another 1-2 sales!

Quick Reply: now avalable, veo vince exhuast.