NJ Pine Barrens (NE II?) ride?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 12:56 AM
1st Gear Member

Definitely a different weekend. I might be able to get out there...I'm about 10 minutes away. If you have a route maybe we can add some hero sections along the way for those who like to dabble in enduro-type riding. One note, 'they' are actively seeking out vehicle violations in the forests.

Old 02-02-2011, 01:45 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by EMS_0525
Checking interest to see if anyone would want to hit the pine barrens in NJ Labor day weekend end of summer this year? Think im going to try to get a group ride going out there...post up if your interested. For those of you who were around last time Jimmi is on board for being the tour guide, he did a hell of a job last time. Im going to make this an epic riding year. This trip will be a month after i get back from 2 weeks in colorado riding. So who wants to ride?
That's a little far to plan ahead for me, but count me in as long as something doesn't derail it for me. The last time was so much fun, I'd hate to miss it.

I was also planning on riding the "Hammer Run" this year, which is up in that general area I think. I'm not sure I could swing both being that it is so far away. I may have to pick just one.

Old 02-02-2011, 09:43 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

The reason i picked this weekend was because its after my Colorado trip, i will be in CO with 15 guys on bikes from july 28 to august 6... its going to burn up all my vacation for the year. Labor day is a holiday weekend. You guys just thinking a regular weekend? I could work 2 weeks of 4 -10's at work to take a friday and monday off.... NJ was really good riding and i have been wanting to get back there, Jimmi said he is going to try to get a group discount at bass river and get some kinda food lined up. He has all kinds of connections from the tv show. It would be really great to get a group out there again. Anyone with schedule restrictions throw some dates out there...

Last edited by EMS_0525; 02-02-2011 at 10:27 AM.
Old 02-02-2011, 11:20 AM
1st Gear Member

Well to tell the truth, I don't have any plans for that weekend as of yet but thats awhile away. More than likely would be at home(don't like to travel far for that weekend) but could possibly make both days if not one.

Old 02-02-2011, 05:13 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stroker331
Definitely a different weekend. I might be able to get out there...I'm about 10 minutes away. If you have a route maybe we can add some hero sections along the way for those who like to dabble in enduro-type riding. One note, 'they' are actively seeking out vehicle violations in the forests.
Are "they" busting the bike guys or the Jeep guys?

Old 02-02-2011, 05:21 PM
1st Gear Member
Talking

Originally Posted by GaryC
not to break *****, but ,,,while you are at College, learn to spell Wharton, since you live in the gateway to it!!!!

Sorry man, i just couldn't resist!!!!
i;m sure it was a typo but hey,, it just looks funny over the word college!!!!
yea, that was a typo, i did mean to put WHARTON not warton, my bad.

and also, we are riding right around where South Jersey Enduro Riders holds their Enduro. i know this cuz im part of the club.
so if we wanted to, i could find out where the trails are and go when i ride trail and we may be able to hit up some of that more challenging trail!!!

Old 02-02-2011, 06:06 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by thejackcutts
yea, that was a typo, i did mean to put WHARTON not warton, my bad.

and also, we are riding right around where South Jersey Enduro Riders holds their Enduro. i know this cuz im part of the club.
so if we wanted to, i could find out where the trails are and go when i ride trail and we may be able to hit up some of that more challenging trail!!!
Nothing over there is real challenging, lol, its all flat and sand, easy. Challenging is over here... the stuff over there is just fast, and hope your bars fit between the trees...lol... but damn its good riding.

Old 02-02-2011, 06:25 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by cpr1
Are "they" busting the bike guys or the Jeep guys?
Started with the jeep\4wd guys messing up a pond. The local enviros saw it and pressed the state to act. With not a lot of money in the budget to do heavy enforcing, the authorities are checking more for violations to slow down the traffic. Wharton was 'closed' last year and may still be...this meant no camping, open ranger stations, etc. This doesn't mean rangers, troopers weren't out there. The enduro community and special use permit activities are being scrutinized in regards to their activities and ultimately, we may lose the permits. No enduro's, horse riding events or mtn bike competitions. Of course if you're legal and stay on dirt roads, you'd be fine. Speed limits on the dirt roads have been enforced it appears.

Old 02-02-2011, 09:39 PM
1st Gear Member

I rode Wharton and Brendan Byrne almost every weekeknd last summer, only saw Rangers on 2 occasions and they were friendly enough.
The problem is (so i am told) when large groups get together, the rangers call it an "organized" event, and will shut you down if you do not have a permit. I ride in a group of 4 to 6 all the time there and have no problems.
Spring time would be good,, say any weekend in June even July as long as not 4th of July. It's best to check that there is not a jeep jamboree going on also. Last summer we ran into about 50 jeeps one wekkend.

Old 02-02-2011, 09:58 PM
1st Gear Member

[QUOTE=Nobrakes;438007]
I was also planning on riding the "Hammer Run" this year, which is up in that general area I think.
QUOTE]

The hammer is about 50 miles south of Bass River and the trails a quite a bit different. The Meteor ride is right there though. I"ve been on all the trails we did on that KLX ride(plus a few more) everytime I've done the meteor. Good riding in that entire area.

What's this "planned" ****. I thought we reached an accord where one of us was going to be kicking the other guys *** all day both days? I've already started my training for this epic showdown of senior "C" riders. Actually I might be a super senior by that time which means I get a head start right?

Quick Reply: NJ Pine Barrens (NE II?) ride?