Newbie from Florida

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 05:01 AM
rc
Default Newbie from Florida

Hi everyone,

Not only am I a newbie to this forum... but this is the first forum I've ever joined.

I hadn't ridden in several years...mostly street... and decided to take the MSF Rider Course before getting back into the sport.
The first day of class, all the bikes were lined up for our choosing and there it was... a 2006 klx250. I selected the kawi has my bike for the class and fell in love with it.

I had a great time riding it and found the bike to be a ton of fun...but I was concerned with its ability to handle a 50 mile per day commute. I considered several other bikes including the drz, vstrom, dr, and klr but kept going back to the little 250.

After reading several posts on this sight I decided to pull the trigger on the klx and haven't regretted it for one minute.
The bike handles the 60 mph commute with no problem and I think it's more dirt worthy than the other options.

Thanks to everyone for spending the time to share your experiences with this bike. If not for you all, I may have missed the most fun I've had on a motorcycle.

Thanks

Robert
Central Florida
2006 klx250s

Old 09-25-2006, 05:43 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Newbie from Florida

Welcome Robert, you will love the KLX I ahve 3300 miles on mine and 600 miles ago I put on the Muzzy, had it jetted and did a gear change and I have to tell you the bike rocks, here is a picture of mine, and yes its clean for 3300 but then again my stuff always looks good years later, its just something I do.

Name:  Picture_0122.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  122.2 KB

Old 09-25-2006, 05:48 AM
1st Gear Member

Welcome RC.

Don't worry, deej only rides his bike on blacktop on sunny days.... LOL! JK deej......

Old 09-25-2006, 06:55 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Welcome to the asylum, rc, glad you are enjoying your KLX. Just for some contrast with deej's ultra clean bike, here's mine in its natural environment

Old 09-25-2006, 06:20 PM
1st Gear Member

Welcome Robert,

There seems to be a growing number of KLX's in Central Florida. I live in Flagler, the last two weekends I have ridden with another new KLX'r from Sanford. He's not on this forum yet, but I'll get him to sign up and say hi.

Ok, Florida riders chime in.

Old 09-25-2006, 07:38 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rc

Hi everyone,

Not only am I a newbie to this forum... but this is the first forum I've ever joined.
Hey, we all gotta lose it sometime!

Welcome to the club!

Mike

Old 09-25-2006, 07:54 PM

Welcome RC. That's pretty cool you got to ride a KLX for the MSF class. All they had in my class were little cruiser bikes. I bet the "box" was pretty easy on the KLX.

Old 09-25-2006, 08:02 PM

Which MSF school did you attend?

I know we use KLX250's at several of our locations and it is always a hit with the students.

This weekend I didn't have any KLX250's but had a ball riding the TW200 by Yamaha. That is probably the champion of the box!

Where in Central Florida are you from?

Old 09-25-2006, 08:02 PM

ORIGINAL: sullydirt

Welcome Robert,

There seems to be a growing number of KLX's in Central Florida. I live in Flagler, the last two weekends I have ridden with another new KLX'r from Sanford. He's not on this forum yet, but I'll get him to sign up and say hi.

Ok, Florida riders chime in.

Hi Robert,

Charles in Tampa here! LordVngr is in tampa area too.

We should all get together in central FL for a ride on Oct 7, here is my post about it: https://www.kawasakiforums.com/m_70518/tm.htm

Don't worry, we won't be offroad studs (at least I won't), just having fun at whatever riding level you are comfortable with.

And for all you guys modding your bikes, I'll be ripping on the KLX completely stock! Some day I'll have time otherwise...

Peace,

Charles

Old 09-26-2006, 06:14 AM
rc

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

Marty - I live in a little town next to the space center called Titusville. We have a few small trails but nothing like Ocala National Forest...lucky you!

And yes shelby, I believe the "box" was much easier with the klx...but I was in total shock the first time I had to do a hard brake. I'm not a small guy and the front end must have dove 6 inches or more. Front fork adjustments are in the near future.

Charles, thanks for the invite. Sounds like fun.

Again everyone, thanks so much for making the new guy feel at home.

Robert
Central Florida
KLX250s

Quick Reply: Newbie from Florida