New SM wheels and some parts!

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 05:56 AM
Default New SM wheels and some parts!

Ok, well it's a new motorcycle to go with my wheels. I couldn't let Nobreaks be the only one with an orange bike. This bike is sick! It's a KTM 625 SMC. I was going to get some SM wheels for my KLX but decided to just get one with a little more power for the street. I am going to be hanging on to my KLXbecause I like theoff-road ability of the 250 and still love the way it rides in the trails.
Name:  KTM005-1.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  48.6 KB

Name:  KTM004.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  61.6 KB

Name:  KTM001-1.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  57.5 KB

Old 05-01-2007, 05:59 AM
Default RE: New SM wheels and some parts!

that is so sick! man....so tempting

Old 05-01-2007, 06:31 AM
1st Gear Member

Are you keeping the 10. I couldn't justify a super moto and the 10 so stuck with the KLX. Street tires on a dirt bike makes a ton of sense though. The quick steering with some sticky tires on the pavement has to be as much fun as you can have with your pants on.

Old 05-01-2007, 06:39 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Sweet! More orange bike - great looker Evildoer. How's that seat feel? I'm still waiting on my Renazco - maybe in a week or two, I think James came down with the flu and got behind. Or maybe it was the new Husaberg FE650 he got that put him behind. Can't wait to get mine - hope to have it before the NE ride at the end of May at least. That looks like their LC4 motor which is a good bit different than their RFS line like in my EXC. Looks awesome! If I got a bigger more street oriented bike but was still looking for dirt capable I'd be seriously considering the KTM 640 Adventure which is based on the LC4 also.

Nice find!

Old 05-01-2007, 06:54 AM

Ya, it's an LC4.The seat feels great! It's a world better than the 2X4 that came with the bike. The bike is a lot like the 640 I think the motor is the exact same size. I don't know why KTM changes the numbers on some of their bikes and the motors are the same. I have it uncorked and ready to rip. It will pull the front wheel up effortlessly and hold it there as long as you like.

Old 05-01-2007, 07:05 AM

ORIGINAL: johnnyz62

Are you keeping the 10. I couldn't justify a super moto and the 10 so stuck with the KLX. Street tires on a dirt bike makes a ton of sense though. The quick steering with some sticky tires on the pavement has to be as much fun as you can have with your pants on.
I am keeping the 10. I also couldn't justify it for a long time but now... This bike is so much more fun than my 10in the twisties. It is so much easier to ride fast without realizing it.But,I don't think I could do 400 mile days on the KTM and when the roads get a little straighter the 10 becomes the bike of choice. I ride mostly in the mountains but I often make day trips to Deals Gap and some of the other roads in TN/NC. and that would be a loooooong ride on a dirt bike with street tires. I can't wait to get the KTM on the Dragon! I will be puting it on the trailer.

Old 05-01-2007, 10:53 AM
1st Gear Member

Congrat's! Now THAT's a MOTARD!

IMHO, it's a much better choice than that Desmo(oh, sorry, 'Hyper-motard')motor stuffed into a semi-motard frame. This one will feel much lighter and easier through the really tightstuff. That Ducati is on the over-kill side of ridiculous.

Great choice!

Old 05-01-2007, 02:36 PM
1st Gear Member

Awesome bike! I was looking at one at the dealer here, they sure are nice, must be a blast to ride! You have a good spread of bikes to choose from lol.

Old 05-01-2007, 08:47 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Very cool! The closest KTM dealer to me is over 75 miles away - it would be a real pain to drive all that way just to get an oil filter. Otherwise, I wouldseriously consider trading in my DR650 for a KTM.

How tall is the seat height on your KTM compared to the KLX? My 5' 9" body doesn't like 37" seat heights.

Old 05-02-2007, 08:33 AM

ORIGINAL: mustang

Very cool! The closest KTM dealer to me is over 75 miles away - it would be a real pain to drive all that way just to get an oil filter. Otherwise, I wouldseriously consider trading in my DR650 for a KTM.

How tall is the seat height on your KTM compared to the KLX? My 5' 9" body doesn't like 37" seat heights.
The seat is a little taller but since I am not going off road with this one it is alright. I am on my tip toes and I am 5'10".

Lucky me! my KTM dealer is about 5 miles form my house. If he doesn't treat me right there are a couple more across town. Parts are everywhere for KTM's. I also looked at and test rode a Husqvarna SM610 but parts are a little harder to come by and I liked the looks of the KTM better. It is an 06 with just under 1000 miles on it. All the work was done by the dealer. Re jetting the carb, removing the exhaust restrictor, KTM racing air box,it also had a throttle limiter that's gone... When I rode it next to the restricted Husky it was way faster and pulled much harder in the lower gears. I am sure the Husky would do better unplugged.

Thanks for all the compliments!