New Skid Plate from Utah Sport Cycle

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 06:20 PM
JAC
1st Gear Member

I didn't note any real change in volume after I installed mine.

Originally Posted by Red09KLX250s
Wow. I am very impressed with this thread. I read all 16 pages, and was hooked . . . funny. Kind of like buying a TV Series you like to watch... NO COMMERCIALS ! No waiting. I had no idea the skid plate I got on ebay, called a moose plate, came from this lineage. It's exactly the same as pictured in this thread, and is a great plate. Very cool to see that ya'll had a say in how it was designed. CUDOS.

Wish I had gone to Utah's sales page... but, I hadn't found the forum yet.

So. I did leave on my factory plate under this one, as it did fit, and didn't seem to cause any issues. Anyone else do that?

Anyone else 'rubber coat' the inside of theirs for sound issues? I put some foam strips, weather insulation strips to deaden any resonating sounds. Not worth the effort. Curious if anyone took some spray rubberized undercoating...

Old 08-14-2010, 11:38 AM
Banned
Old 08-14-2010, 05:21 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by JAC
I just ordered one. I C&P the code quoted in Miaugi's post and a 15% discount was applied immediately.
Same here, ordered mine this morning! Total came to about 85 with the discount and shipping. From what i read in this thread this sounds like an excellent product, I'm sure my coolant lines will thank me during my next ride

Old 08-16-2010, 12:07 AM
1st Gear Member

I just installed mine. If you left your OEM skidplate on then you got a different plate. You need to remove the OEM plate to put on the USC plate, at least on my 2009. The new plate mounts to the threaded holes that were used to support the old plate.

No sound difference after a quick 30 mile test ride at all speeds.

Better quality and thickness than I expected. A great item.

Old 08-16-2010, 02:50 PM
1st Gear Member

Logged on to post a question saw this thread was alive again and the discount code was re-validated and ordered one. Good gravy, like ns503 said, the internet (and this forum) have cost me bucks - all for the good though!

Thanks USC for extending the discount code!!!

Old 08-16-2010, 05:42 PM
1st Gear Member

I was able to put the new plate over the old one, using the old one's hardware. The holes all lined up. It was a bit of a fight to get it on with the bolts.

And, I suppose there is no real value to doubling up. Maybe I'll pull it off next time I am servicing things under there...

Old 08-28-2010, 11:02 PM
1st Gear Member

Mine came in last week, had some time to fiddle with it today along with changing the oil so I figure I'd post a few pictures up

Name:  0828101413.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  276.1 KB
OEM Glide...goodbye!

Name:  0828101413a.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  155.6 KB
A beautiful site right there!

Name:  0828101414.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  155.3 KB
View from the other side...I know she could use a little washing!

I went for a ride through Wharton State Park today and it is very sandy and there are many rocks and boulders. I got to hear a few dings "ricochet" off my new bashplate (pun intended !), it was nice knowing my water pump, coolant lines and underbelly were a little more armored up for the adventure.

A quality product and easy to install (10 mins), and I can't argue with the KF discount code! I would recommend this product to any other KLXer out there.

Cheers,
Anthony

Old 09-10-2010, 04:03 PM
Default Shout out to Utah Sport Cycle

Just a quick note to say I think it's pretty generous that USC extended their coupon. It's obviously a great product, but they're a small business in a tough economy. Kudos guys! I just placed my order.

Old 09-10-2010, 07:16 PM
1st Gear Member

I'll jump back in here to say I'm way impressed with this item, the price, and awesome shipping & service. I got mine real quick after ordering - real suprise with border crossing stuff.

Only problem is I haven't been able to find time since to put it on, or even ride much.

Old 09-13-2010, 03:19 PM

I love mine I chipped a piece of ledge with mine last ride out. She has a few beauty marks in her now. It was one of the first things I put on my bike and it now has 7000 miles under is belt.

Quick Reply: New Skid Plate from Utah Sport Cycle