New Member with a 09' KLX250SF

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 10:56 PM
1st Gear Member
Default New Member with a 09' KLX250SF

Hey everyone this is my first post as I just got my first Kawasaki. I got a 2009 KLX250SF since it was 09' model I got a deal on it for 4,099 out the door from the dealer. And that included a Jacket and Helmet. This isnt my first bike however I have had a suzuki RM125 when i was like 14 and this blows it out of the water.

I had the dealer take off the Street tires and put on some dirt tires mainly because I live in Alaska and 99% of the roads arent paved they are either dirt,snow or mud. I do have the street tires that came with it if I ever decide to switch.

Mods:
renthal bars
opened the airbox
jet kit (to be installed)
and a 2bros exhaust(to be installed)
and also has a 1.5inch lowering links so my wife can ride it if she wants.

Old 06-22-2010, 11:11 PM
1st Gear Member

Congrats on the new ride! I love the black color!

Old 06-22-2010, 11:16 PM
1st Gear Member

I love the black too the dealer had 2 of the 2010 models in blue and they looked decent but the blue made them look like a yamaha and they were almost 1,000 dollars more just for being the 2010 model. SO my logic was have the same bike with 0 miles since there were no changes between the two years and save the extra 1,000 and put it into mods

Last edited by bsj425; 06-22-2010 at 11:23 PM.
Old 06-23-2010, 12:28 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUU PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP PPP!!!!!!!

Ok first of all do they still even say that? and second, I think I'm just a little too excited when I see new members come on that bought the best BIKE EVER!!!!!! Ok I gotta bring it down a notch....Welcome to the forums! I am now questioning whether or not that 10th cup of coffee today was a good choice.

Old 06-23-2010, 02:38 AM
1st Gear Member

Welcome. & if you want to get rid of the street wheals PM me. I can send you some items as partial trade. Got an extra Nomad Rack, Renthal Bar, Bar riser and Bark Busters all purchased for the same bike but then not installed.
Cheers Jim

Old 06-23-2010, 02:39 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by deej
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUU PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP PPP!!!!!!!

Ok first of all do they still even say that? and second, I think I'm just a little too excited when I see new members come on that bought the best BIKE EVER!!!!!! Ok I gotta bring it down a notch....Welcome to the forums! I am now questioning whether or not that 10th cup of coffee today was a good choice.
I'd say no...lol

Welcome to the forum. You will like the bike even more when you do the mods and when you get bored with the power do the big bore and it starts all over again. I like the look with the new tires too.

Old 06-23-2010, 03:34 AM
1st Gear Member

congrads on the buy and welcome to the forum. bike looks bad with the dirt tires on it. and deej, i still say whats up, just not like that. wasnt that from a bud light tv ad?

Old 06-23-2010, 01:53 PM
1st Gear Member
Location: In North Western Jersey, but from Jackson, WY Originally

Looks like a sweet ride, just right for your neck of the woods... hmm, maybe I need to move to alaska?
Anyway, yeah, lovely looking machine. Sounds like a pretty good deal, and as long as you're not bouncing around in the rocks a lot and you dont need the extra inch or so of suspension travel for your regular riding, the big brakes on the SM setup are a plus in my book too. Plus those fatter looking tires look like they could be some wholesome fun in the snow. A little like the old TW200 me thinks, yeah?

Anyway, a hearty welcome to you, and when it comes to Mod time, all the right stuff is here on the forums to guide you through. If you like the bike now, you'll like it even more when it breaks in, the motor wakes up a good bit at that point. Also the pipe and jet kit will make some good difference as well. Not night and day, but noticeably faster and quicker to the top end, and more top end as well. I fell in love with riding all over again (not that I needed to) the day I brought this bike home.

BTW... especially in Alaska, you will realize that the tank on this bike it just not enduro size for longer rides and distances. There are several expansion options out there, IMS is talking of making a tank, you might wanna throw your name on that thread that sounds very promising. Plus there's some guys making aftermarket secondary tanks that are super sweet and fit under the rear frame just behind the side number plate if you dont mind the extra weight and like the stock look of the tank shrounds.

Old 06-23-2010, 02:24 PM
1st Gear Member
Old 06-23-2010, 02:25 PM
1st Gear Member

After watching that...I guess I'll take it out of the mix hahahaha

Quick Reply: New Member with a 09' KLX250SF