New exhaust Pic's and Sound Clip

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2007, 06:34 PM
1st Gear Member
Default New exhaust Pic's and Sound Clip

Went out to my work place and got busy today installing my new exhaust. I new I couldn't procrastinate because Nobrakes had already gave me my marching orders.

I'll start with comparing the openings of the stock and new pipe; I liked that idea when Marty used it earlier.

Here's a photo showing how much the new system flares out. The stock pipe pretty much stays the same diameter all the way to the silencer, so I only showed the head pipe for comparison.

Here's image of the complete system, minus mounting hardware.

Don't know how the Muzzy, Big Gun, HMF, etc.. mount, but BEET supplied this casting that bolts to the bottom of the passenger rail.

Angle brackets were supplied to move the turn signal up and away from the silencer.

Anchor nuts are brazed to the head pipe to accept stock or aftermarket heat shields. I'll go with the stock shield for now, but may eventually go with the one offered by BEET which shows of the pipe better.

System fully Mounted

Was gonna go generic, but the I like how the color of the company badge sets off the pipe.

Rear angle.

Belowis a sound clip of the new exhaust.

http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o...tardBright.flv

Bonus image. This is a Tremor38 original electric hot start system. The main component is a slightly modified EGR valve control solenoid made by Delco...got it off of ebay for $8.00. Still waiting on a connector to arrive in the mail. More on this later, since it's still a work-in-progress.

Old 01-13-2007, 08:38 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: New exhaust Pic's and Sound Clip

Its a good thing you blocked out your license, other wise I was going to be able to locate you and steal your bike. Just messing, nice work. I liked the sound of the pipe too. Its funny when I have my bike running outside and the door is closed it sounds like a helicopter hovering over the house.[8D]

Old 01-13-2007, 09:08 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

That is purdy!

Old 01-13-2007, 09:48 PM
1st Gear Member

Dean,

Very nice my friend. I bet you are a happy little Northern Prefecture man now!!!! Congrats!!!

I love the attention to detail the japanese market gives to their products, fantastic stuff. Japan seems to define customer satisfaction. My $150 used Big Gun system cowers in the shadows.

Enjoy.

Old 01-14-2007, 03:19 AM
1st Gear Member

You got a good deal on that. Was it on Ebay?

ORIGINAL: Team FTB

Dean,

Very nice my friend. I bet you are a happy little Northern Prefecture man now!!!! Congrats!!!

I love the attention to detail the japanese market gives to their products, fantastic stuff. Japan seems to define customer satisfaction. My $150 used Big Gun system cowers in the shadows.

Enjoy.

Old 01-14-2007, 04:19 AM
JB1
1st Gear Member

Very nice, sounds great.

Old 01-14-2007, 05:30 AM
1st Gear Member

Japanese exhaust's are soooooo nice, leaps & bounds better than the FMF/Pro Circuit/Muzzy/HMF/Two Bros here in the states----no comparison & I say that having had several exhausts.

I'm jealous.

Old 01-14-2007, 09:07 PM
1st Gear Member

Dean,

Prices for parts on Ebay for our bikes are getting lidicrous. I saw a KLX 300 cylinder and head go for over $600, crazy.

I found the Big Gun system on my local ads. Just got lucky. I have a KLX 300 headpipe on and crummy Thai silencer so was looking for an upgrade. The guy I bought it off had the FSW headpipe and it looks about an 1/8" diameter larger than the Big Gun.

Old 01-15-2007, 04:55 AM
1st Gear Member

That is a pretty sweet pipe thur. can you provida link to the pipw manufacturer. just want to see. and what is the pipe's decible rating. thank.

Old 01-16-2007, 03:14 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Looks and sounds great..... love the blue head pipe

Quick Reply: New exhaust Pic's and Sound Clip