New bikes

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 09:19 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default New bikes

So I rode my bike today for an hour or so, and man that thing absolutely rocks!!!! Here are a couple of pictures, notice on my wife's bike the swing arm actually has grease fittings. I wonder if we can add fittings to our swing arm? Also has anyone thought of the possibility of adding an actual temperature gauge to our bikes? Oh and I got the thermostat changed on my truck from the overheating last night coming home. I'm glad it was that simple. Well any way here are a few pics. But none of the wife yet hehe.

Name:  100_5365.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  144.0 KB

Name:  100_5362.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  143.3 KB

Name:  100_5361.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  162.1 KB

Old 07-11-2006, 10:12 AM
Default RE: New bikes

nice pics,i passed by 2 xt's on the road today.starting to see alot of dual sports around here.

Old 07-11-2006, 05:23 PM
1st Gear Member

The new bike looks good Deej. Has the wife tried it yet? I see your pipe has turned that nice bronze already, mine did that in about 5 minutes of running.

BTW, I forgot to mention. I met Stiffler this weekend, he has the Big Gun (with quite core) and I have the Muzzy. It was the first time I had a chance to hear the Big Gun. I was expecting it to be louder than the Muzzy. In my opinion, they sound very similar. I did notice that Stiffler's pipe had not changed color, it was shiney silver.

Old 07-11-2006, 05:30 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Hey sullydirt, thanks for the Muzzy and Big Gun sound comparison. There's one more Internet myth dispelled - that the Big Gun is louder than the Muzzy. Excellent!

Old 07-11-2006, 06:12 PM
1st Gear Member

Follow up to the muzzy sound. I actually think its too loud for riding in a small town. It actually sounds like the Pro circuit I heard on a Honda 450 race bike that was here a month or so ago, man that thing is loud. What I need to do is have someone ride by me and see what it really sounds like. But did you notice that the paperwork that came with the Muzzy said it was for racing and off road only? Even trying to keep it quiet going through town and shifting up to keep the rps down its loud. Now I actually love the sound, but I'll bet the cops are going to be talking to me soon. Man with the Muzzy, jetting and the air box and sprocket mods, this thing absolutely screams, and remember I'm 230 lbs, so I can't even imagine what someone who weighs like 170 would do on this bike. I am really happy with the bike and all of the changes. I actually got to know the mechanic that did the work on the jetting, and I guess all of the racers here on the peninsula take their bikes to him at the shop and after hours to get their work done, so I have heard only good things about him. He even said I could call him anytime with questions, now that's support. So I guess with the muzzy there's no sneaking up on deer and elk anymore. And as far as keeping a low profile well those days are gone. In fact one of the habits I have gotten into when slowing down to stop or turning corners is to down shift and give it a little rev on the throttle with the clutch pulled in, and now when I do it everyone looks in my direction to see if its a Harley with straight pipes LOL. Speaking of Harley's, do they come from the factory with restricted pipes, and why can they seem to get away with the loud pipes? Is it because they just seem to be passing through and the cops just figure what's the point?

Old 07-11-2006, 06:23 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Keep in mind that the packing of the Muzzy will expand after a few hours of use, and that will mellow the sound quite a bit from what it was when you first cranked it up. I don't know how much time you have on it yet, but you can expect it to quiet down after a few hours of riding. At that point, I've found that when you don't load the engine, you can be pretty stealthy even with the Muzzy. I asked my wife and she didn't think it was too loud at all - said it sounds like a motorcycle now and not a scooter. But it definitely has a nice crack to it when you lay on the throttle. Best of both worlds, IMO.

Old 07-11-2006, 06:31 PM
1st Gear Member

That's funny Brian, because I asked my wife last night and I rode in front of her and she was in our car with the windows down and she said it wasn't loud as well. So maybe I won't worry about it. I only have an hour or so on it so its all good. Do we have to re-pack anything on this pipe? All I saw was a screen in the quiet tip.

Old 07-11-2006, 08:37 PM

There's something wrong with the pics Deej-I can't see them..OH, it's just the shine off of that truck in the background..[sm=Flahssssss.gif] Seriously, your wife's XT is a nice looking bike. The grease fittings are definitely a nice feature. Congrat's on having a wife who wants to ride-I can't even get my girlfriend to ride on the back of the KLX..[sm=sigh.gif]

Old 07-11-2006, 10:22 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: konacoiler

Congrat's on having a wife who wants to ride-I can't even get my girlfriend to ride on the back of the KLX..[sm=sigh.gif]

Maybe she's waiting for a ring and the paperwork to come through LOL

Old 07-12-2006, 01:51 AM

Maybe she's waiting for a ring and the paperwork to come through LOL
[sm=yikesomg.gif][sm=nothatway.gif]

Quick Reply: New bikes