New bike

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2007, 02:14 AM
1st Gear Member
Default New bike

Well picked it up this week,3995 out the door 06. THought the price was pretty good. Well the 1st ride was quite a chore about 5 miles into the ride the bike died on me in very soft sand trails, well after pushing this thing home the battery was dead and once I got onto a cement road. I tried bump starting it only it run up through the gears then die. After being exhausted and dead tired I tore into this thing to find a conector on the cdi box not plug in all the way. So anyway charged up the battery and the next day went for a 50 mile soft sand ride. Well being off a bike for years there was some rust but it came back to me.I haven't been in sand for awhile so that took some getting use to. My thoughts on the bike, are after the running problem it pulls from down low to upper revs very nicely no 2stroke hit but very smooth to top end it is alittle choked but ok for now. Got up to about 75 in sand it moves a bit( lots of racing in a prior life on 2 strokes) so it was comming back, Front end is alittle soft but fork oil change may be in order. Well thats all for now.

Kevin

Old 01-06-2007, 02:42 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: New bike

It will all come back, welcome to Team Green.

Old 01-06-2007, 02:43 AM
1st Gear Member

[sm=bounceybounce.gif]Congrat's on the new machine! Yeah, they don't have that two stroke hit and many four strokes are more powerful, but this is a pretty good all-around bike for the money. Not to mention you can drive it home after riding in the dirt.

You will find that it revs more freely as has a bit more power after the standard mods.

ORIGINAL: kgwld1

Well picked it up this week,3995 out the door 06. THought the price was pretty good. Well the 1st ride was quite a chore about 5 miles into the ride the bike died on me in very soft sand trails, well after pushing this thing home the battery was dead and once I got onto a cement road. I tried bump starting it only it run up through the gears then die. After being exhausted and dead tired I tore into this thing to find a conector on the cdi box not plug in all the way. So anyway charged up the battery and the next day went for a 50 mile soft sand ride. Well being off a bike for years there was some rust but it came back to me.I haven't been in sand for awhile so that took some getting use to. My thoughts on the bike, are after the running problem it pulls from down low to upper revs very nicely no 2stroke hit but very smooth to top end it is alittle choked but ok for now. Got up to about 75 in sand it moves a bit( lots of racing in a prior life on 2 strokes) so it was comming back, Front end is alittle soft but fork oil change may be in order. Well thats all for now.

Kevin

Old 01-06-2007, 07:43 AM

Welcome, I am new here also. I like the bike because it is not too powerful with a dead bottom end and explosive top end like the old 2 strokes I used to ride. I really like this bike and like Tremor said you can ride to the trails and back home when your done. To top it off it's a Kawasaki!

Old 01-06-2007, 12:21 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Welcome to the disfunctional family.

Old 01-06-2007, 05:20 PM
JB1
1st Gear Member

You got a smoking deal.
I too had that plug disconnected and my battery went dead. This is either a common problem (jiggling loose)or this plug is disconnected while they charge the battery during make-ready and they are forgetting to re-connect it.

congrats

Old 01-07-2007, 07:22 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Front end is alittle soft but fork oil change may be in order. Well thats all for now.
wow, I do not hear that comment very often.

On the connector issue, that is good to know fella's

Old 01-07-2007, 01:17 PM
1st Gear Member

Front forks are soft as, if / when I get mine done new fork oil will be the first thing on the list

Old 01-07-2007, 04:45 PM
1st Gear Member

Remember, you can also adjust your front forks at the bottom once you pop out those dirt plugs temporarly to get to the adjustment screws.

I have mine set at 4 (4 turns to counter clockwise from fully seated) and they seem pretty good.

I think the factory setting is 8 although I've read that some folks have seen them set even higher on inspection which would be REALLY SQUISHY!!![][]

Old 01-07-2007, 05:07 PM
JB1
1st Gear Member

So what is the correct method to adjust the shocks?
I read the manual and it doesnt say which way to turn.
Do you screw it in all the way then back it out?

Im 220Lbs and I would like to stiffen them up a bit (both front and rear)

Quick Reply: New bike