Need new handle bars!

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2011, 11:15 PM
1st Gear Member

i gotta have this one whole... i want a c-section

Old 10-03-2011, 03:00 PM
1st Gear Member

Im lookin at hand guards for my 10 klx. Will the cyrca's or powermadds fit my stock bars or should I just go ahead and upgrade to new bars? I would like new bars eventually.

Old 10-03-2011, 05:01 PM
drm
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by BleednGreen68
Im lookin at hand guards for my 10 klx. Will the cyrca's or powermadds fit my stock bars or should I just go ahead and upgrade to new bars? I would like new bars eventually.
i tried drilling the bar ends and tapping but did not have the right tools. i ended up cutting 1/8" off each end and removing the bar end weights. i then used cycra bar end set with highway dirt bike hand guards and mirrors.

Amazon.com: Cycra Powergrip Bar End Set: Automotive
Highway Dirt Bikes

Old 10-03-2011, 05:04 PM
1st Gear Member

I've got a set of 1 inch risers that were way cheaper than new bars and very easy to install.

Old 10-03-2011, 05:25 PM
1st Gear Member

Thanks guys for the info! What are the most popular aftermarket bars to put on the klx? Seems Protaper is popular. Any other bars you can think of?

Old 10-03-2011, 06:50 PM
1st Gear Member

I have Tusk T-10 CR Mid Bend from RMATV ($28) - I was hoping these would be taller, but they wound up being pretty close to the stock position. The 1" bar risers added later were about the same price as the bars. Some here say the Renthal and Pro-Taper are better than Tusk, but I'm happy so far.

Old 10-03-2011, 09:39 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by BleednGreen68
Thanks guys for the info! What are the most popular aftermarket bars to put on the klx? Seems Protaper is popular. Any other bars you can think of?
I've been through a few sets of bars now and have settled on the Renthal Twinwall's (CR High bend) - I have had a few BIG stacks since fitting the bars and they still aren't bent! They aren't the cheapest, but IMO they are the toughest.

Old 10-03-2011, 11:47 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by IDRIDR
I have Tusk T-10 CR Mid Bend from RMATV ($28) - I was hoping these would be taller, but they wound up being pretty close to the stock position. The 1" bar risers added later were about the same price as the bars. Some here say the Renthal and Pro-Taper are better than Tusk, but I'm happy so far.
So 2" rise is a good bar size you think? I dont think I can get tusk from our distributors. I know I can get Renthal and Pro Taper. Also can get MSR, Answer and probably a few other ones. Im thinkin I should probably just get new bars since I will be doin some major trails up in the mountains of Colorado and want some tough bars. I've always ran Pro Tapers on my KX bikes so Im leanin towards them.

Old 10-03-2011, 11:50 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Arctra
I've been through a few sets of bars now and have settled on the Renthal Twinwall's (CR High bend) - I have had a few BIG stacks since fitting the bars and they still aren't bent! They aren't the cheapest, but IMO they are the toughest.
Whats the big diff with havin the CR's? So far my stock bars are comfortable to me. I am 5'11 so im thinkin the taller bend will be good for me. Plus I plan on puttin some stuff on my bars like gps holder or some other places for gadgets.

Old 10-04-2011, 02:24 AM
1st Gear Member

I put the HDB guards on my KLX with the Protaper Contour CR Hi bend and of course the adapters HDB sells. The height was great but the cables did lack a little length, surprisingly for me it was the throttle that gave me trouble, however after alot of wrangling and many adjustments, as well as cable reroute (this after I found out about the extreme expense for the longer motion pro custom cables) they work great. I only have trouble with the throttle now when at idle...6k is alright for idle right?

Seriously though, the reroute took some imaginative thought and i removed the tank and headlight to find a way but so far so good. No binding or adverse effects and I love the whole setup, especially the mirrors.

Quick Reply: Need new handle bars!