My SM currently

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 07:23 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: My SM currently

iowaguy.. i cant believe after all the smack you talked about the klx you are wanting another one! I miss mine also but i love my zx6r and would not go back, thats for sure. my next move though is to get a dirt bike (green of course) for dirt only not a dual sport.I do miss riding in the dirt with my buds. I need the best of both worlds.[8D]

Old 08-08-2007, 09:16 PM
1st Gear Member

Man IOWAYGUY, you must have money to burn. Buy a new KLX, turn around and sell it...buy a new drz, turn around and sell it....that's two huge hits in a row. Why not just save up and buy the dirt rims instead of losing money on the sale bike again? Seriously, if you bought the TE 250...how long before you sell that?

Old 08-08-2007, 10:28 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Quote from Iowaguy:

"it just so happens to be the truth that the KLX has little more power than many mopeds in stock trim."

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you freaking kidding?!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have a moped, and the KLX, and trust me your statement while it was meant to get a point across and to exaggerate, was so far off, that in itself was enough to make me almost fall back in my chair. Come on man. The only other conclusion that I can come up with from all of the "under powered" threads and posts is that, and I mean no disrespect by this, you must weigh 800 lbs to constantly make comments about power. Come on man. Like I have said in the past, I am almost the tallest and heaviest guy on the forum with a KLX and I just can't sit quietly and listen to anymore talk about how under powered the KLX is anymore. My bike has so much power, that its not even funny. I took a friend up a logging road on Monday evening, doing a little bear hunting, and he rode my wife's XT 225, and I rode my KLX. After we rode for a while I said let's switch bikes, after about 20 minutes of steep hills and loose gravel I stopped and asked him how he liked it, and keep in mind this guy came from a flat track racing background, and he also has a Built to the hilt Honda 250 two stroke that would eat any bike on this forum alive, and do you know what he told me? He said and I quote: "I can't believe how much power your bike has, it seems like a 450 and not a 250." You see when it comes to power, its all relative to what you personally think. If you think the KLX is a moped then don't buy another one. Personally I don't' have the desire to hear all over again how much this (the KLX) is so slow and underpowered, and you will be disappointed and whatever else you might come up with. Even from stock when I brought it home I was totally stoked just to be riding again. Maybe you should get a jetbike, what are you comparing the KLX to really? A 450 race bike? If so then go buy one and let it go....DUDE!! Here you go.

Would that have enough power for ya? Sheesh!!

OK deej settle down, its only Iowaguy, he's basically harmless

Old 08-08-2007, 10:51 PM
1st Gear Member

Deej,........is that you? Did IG finally find your button????

I was begining to think that you couldn't be riled. I happy to find out that I was wrong.
I'm with ya bud. Don't misconstrue my coments as looking for "acceptance". Just happy to find out that you're human. [sm=lol.gif]

Old 08-08-2007, 11:07 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Yea you better be careful or it might look like your tongue is up.......well you get the idea.

Old 08-08-2007, 11:19 PM
1st Gear Member

Name:  0482.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  33.3 KB

[sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Old 08-08-2007, 11:23 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: poodlenuts

[sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif]