My SF is for sale. :(

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 05:42 AM
1st Gear Member
Default My SF is for sale. :(

Edit: Bike is sold. Wheels still available. See new thread.

Hate to do it, but gotta sell my SF. Love the thing.

900 miles and perfect. Still looks brand new.

351 kit
Tm33/34
Full fmf with q4
KLX300 air snorkel installed
Anti-backfire screen removed
Air injection system removed
DRC Edge full LED rear smoke tail light and plate bracket kit
Front and rear smoke turn signals with electronic flasher - no cheesy resistors!
Zeta skid plate
Red anodized reversible chain adjuster blocks
Wider footpegs for better traction
Pro-Taper bars with KTM/Suzuki bend
Cycra Billet Pro-Bend hand guards
Supermoto Engineering bar end sliders

PLUS a BRAND NEW complete set of dirt wheels - 18" rear and 21" front. Brand new NEVER USED. Stock hubs and spokes with SF rotors using Yoko Super7 rims. Front has brand new Michelin and rear has used Pirelli trials.

All stock parts included.

Link to pics:
Flickr: Radius_sv's Photostream

Located in Burlington, WA. Here is a link to the CL ad:
SWEET KLX250SF with 351 kit! EXTRAS!

$5500 obo. I know this might seem a bit high, but it would cost you a little over $7K to build it plus it comes with the wheels.

Wheels available separately if the bike sells without them.

I am willing to assist with shipping if someone from out of state is interested.

Thanks,
Michael

Last edited by Radius; 08-29-2012 at 09:28 PM. Reason: Bike is sold
Old 08-28-2012, 05:53 AM
1st Gear Member

why?!

Old 08-28-2012, 06:08 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by toyotabuilder
why?!
CL ad says some drivel about needing a family vehicle. Not to get too far into TMI territory, but the reality is there are dark nasty storm clouds gathering over my family. I decided to play it safe and have some liquidity just in case.

Maybe everything will work out, but either way I will regret the day I see my beloved KLX head off in the arms of a new owner.

Michael

Last edited by Radius; 08-28-2012 at 06:14 AM.
Old 08-28-2012, 06:22 AM
1st Gear Member

KBB on that bike is $3450 no matter what you have invested, usually best to sell aftermarket stuff off the bike. I know it's a 351 and all but in the midwest where I'm at it would not sell. Good luck though.

Old 08-28-2012, 06:30 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by linkin5
KBB on that bike is $3450 no matter what you have invested, usually best to sell aftermarket stuff off the bike. I know it's a 351 and all but in the midwest where I'm at it would not sell. Good luck though.
Perhaps you're right, but out here in WA there are very few for sale and the ones I have seen are $4K+. I've seen quite a few S models but hardly any SF.

My price is an asking price and has some room for negotiation, but I'm not going to give it away either. I really don't want to part it out piece by piece. I'm hoping to find someone who wants the whole package.

But hey, if it sells then it sells. If not, then that's ok too.

Thanks for the input..

Michael

Last edited by Radius; 08-28-2012 at 05:14 PM.
Old 08-28-2012, 07:19 AM
1st Gear Member

well i hope the best for you in your situation delt with some of the same kind of crap too, around here you may pull that kind of cash here especaly since its so clean, get it in the seattle CL if its not. you got guts though idk if i could let go of any of the bikes i own ever lol even the ones that are all apart right now i love them too much!

Old 08-28-2012, 03:07 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by ahnh666
how much are you looking to get for the dirt wheels?...
I would take 700 plus shipping for the wheels. there is a link in the OP with tons of pics.

Michael

Last edited by Radius; 08-28-2012 at 05:13 PM. Reason: Added Plus Shipping to avoid confusion
Old 08-28-2012, 04:21 PM
1st Gear Member

i'll take the wheels...dibs!...message me and we can arrange payment and shipping is to 94010...also, i wanted to confirm that this is a direct fit on the 2009 klx250sf model...with same rotor sizes...right?... i was little worried because you mentioned it was never used, so it was never fitted on before...
The wheels were test mounted to verify fitment. The hubs are '09 SF as are the rotors. The spokes are '09 S and the rims are Yoko Super7. Put a sprocket on the rear and they are bolt and go. My original idea was to use a larger rear sprocket on the dirt wheels to lower the gearing. That way I could use the reversible chain blocks. Bolt up wheels, reverse the blocks and instant correct chain tension.

I don't know what the shipping will be but I will let you know. I had preferred to sell the bike as a package with the wheels but since most of the inquries I've gotten about the bike are without the wheels I will go ahead the let them go.

Give me a bit of time to figure out how to get them packaged up and figure out shipping and they are all yours.

Michael

Old 08-28-2012, 04:44 PM
1st Gear Member

so, it's only missing the rear sprocket?...well..in the meantime, i'll do some research on these yoko super7 rims...are the rims wider than stock s wheels?...in the pictures, it looks a little fat...

Old 08-28-2012, 04:55 PM
1st Gear Member

so, it's only missing the rear sprocket?...well..in the meantime, i'll do some research on these yoko super7 rims...are the rims wider than stock s wheels?...in the pictures, it looks a little fat...
The wheels are 100% complete *except* for a rear sprocket. However it does have sprocket bolts. So all you need is a rear sprocket and you're all set. I think that is all visible in the pics.

I can get you the exact rim widths when I get home. I think they are the same width as the stock S, but I can't remember.

The rear does fit but it is a little tight with the trials tire since it's a little fat. Of course tires can be changed...

Michael

Quick Reply: My SF is for sale. :(