my new bike

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 02:38 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: my new bike

Congrats! Looking forward to some action shots. Have fun with it!

Old 05-03-2007, 12:39 PM
1st Gear Member

I'm glad to hear you're happy with your new ride. I guess it's a little harder to bag on my 'ridiculous' looking dirt bike with street tires as you have now entered the ranks of 'street queens'

Thinking back, I was wondering if I should have replied with 'try it, you just might like it' but now I can see there was noneed

My guess is you'll learn to appliciate what that bike will do in the tight twisties. Also, getting ahold of some dirt tires, wheels and sprocket will be less expensive than going from dirtshoes to motard.

Old 05-03-2007, 04:11 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

I probably would have bought the DRZ400S had it been a couple of inches lower to the ground. It was too tall for me. If it was the same height as the DRZ400SM, I most likely would have bought the DRZ400S over the KLX.

Congrats on the new SM. Yellow is definitely the nicer color, although my dealer tells me that the black sells much better.

Old 05-04-2007, 05:46 AM

hey iowa just be careful offroad in rocky sections with that huge front brake disc, it might be prone to damage since it hangs so low. other than that have fun wit ur new ride.

Old 05-04-2007, 07:46 PM
1st Gear Member

Nice bike Iowaguy,congrats

love this shot,nice ***

Old 05-04-2007, 09:54 PM

Just think of the government clerk somewhere in Washington D.C. that is responsible for mandating that super-long and low reflector on the ***; let's go find him and do a burn-out on his desk

Anyway, nice bike; can't wait to hear about the dirt performance of the SM.

Old 05-04-2007, 10:49 PM
1st Gear Member

Nice color selection if its a suzuki it should be yellow. I almost bought an 05 version with an extra set of dirt wheels before the klx but I was to late and lost it. Thumpertalk has a bunch of great info on making the sm a better dirt machine. Defineltly be carefull with the large front rotor and have fun lofting the front. I'm pretty close to selling my klx for a ktm 300exc I have the race bug. Good luck with it.

Quick Reply: my new bike