Kawasaki Forums

Kawasaki Forums (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/)
-   KLX 250S (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/klx-250s-71/)
-   -   My first tyre change! (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/klx-250s-71/my-first-tyre-change-44043/)

Werloc 06-20-2016 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by zl PINHEAD lz (Post 530205)
Sure, if you need any shots closer up just let me know.

The AC10's are probably the cheapest and easiest tyre to get a hold of here so that's primarily the reason why I run with with them.
I do mostly road riding and they seem to last a good 12 month, I don't like the look of road tyres on a dual sport so gotta stick with those nobblies. :)

Edit: Added more Photos

Hey Perfect, Thank You. Those AC10's are not cheaper here in the States. They are in the mid $80 range, with those Kenda tires I listed are in the Low $50 range. But yes, I do like the way the AC10's look. So I'll give them a shot and see how they work in my terrain which is always changing.

Thanks again for posting the pics.....;)

klxnoobie 06-20-2016 09:06 PM

Michelin AC10 Dual Sport $69 front and $67 rear from tires unlimited.

outrecording 06-22-2016 07:56 AM

Only thing I don't like about my AC10 rear is how it SCREAMS on the pavement. It does seem to wear nicely though. Being able to flip it around after the "M" disappears on the tread is also great.

Werloc 06-22-2016 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by outrecording (Post 530345)
Only thing I don't like about my AC10 test is how it SCREAMS on the pavement. It does seem to wear nicely though. Being able to flip it around after the "M" disappears on the tread is also great.

Good to know, but I hardly ever ride street. Less than 50 street miles in the 3,000 miles I put on the bike in the passed year I've owned it. Just gotta have DOT tires in the State Forest's I ride in. Thanks for the heads up though. BTW, some complain about the Kenda Trakmaster being loud on the street too, but I haven't noticed it. Any sound from riding a motorcycle is music to me anyway. Well, unless it's a Ka-Boom......LOL...:D

Now I'm not sure I'm replacing the front tire now. I'm Very close to getting a Beta 300rr, so I'd be selling my KLX. I thought it would happen this Fall, but a few things happened in my favor pushing that time sooner.

outrecording 06-23-2016 05:13 AM

It's not unbearable or anything :) My Q4 covers it up to some degree but when I kill the engine on long downhill pavement sections I'm like :eek:

Sounds like it won't be an issue for you though.

turnsleft 06-27-2016 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by zl PINHEAD lz (Post 530204)
So today I installed the front tyre, that thing did not go on easy!
After lubing it and I managed to slip in, while catching the inner tube in the process yaaaay!!! :mad:

I had to go to the bike shop to get a new inner tube.
While I'm there ill have them fit it right? .

I've learnt what to do and what not to do in the future, so its all good :)

Baja no pinch tool.