My first enduro with a few pics.

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 01:19 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: My first enduro with a few pics.

ORIGINAL: 2k1w=no$
It was Finger Mullet, he already admittedthat he buys them up 2 at a time.
[sm=bustedsign.gif]
Actually perhaps one or two more....had to spend $100 to get free shipping....I'm running one on my 640 adv too right now...lol

Brian on the tubliss if ya get a flat ... just plug it like a car tire...ha ha.

As far as the tire ***** go ..... if you want to try it .... a bud of mine uses tennis *****...ya tennis ***** in the front on his wr450f and he loves them andhe's been doing it a couple years now and he is the fastest rider of our group by FAR.... F'n former racers riding with common folks in the woods Funny as hell when he tells ya how to get all those suckers in there and mount the tire.

Old 04-01-2008, 01:21 AM
1st Gear Member

Dude lol , did you say tennis *****? rofl i've never heard that. Sounds like something we'd do out here in texas, in the barn.

Old 04-01-2008, 02:12 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

I heard tennis ***** didn't work - they go flat after a few days. That's why they are packaged in those pressurized cans. I heard that on the Internet.

Sounds good to me, though. When I heard tennis ***** didn't fare to well, I actually started searching for some other suitable rubber *****, preferably air filled, of about that size. Like tire *****, but cheaper than the $10 each they want to charge. I think I looked for a few minutes and then got distracted onto something else. I'm easily distracted.

I've even heard of folks using one of those pool noodles. I hear they melt and self destruct pretty quickly. I wonder if that's wrong too?

It's pretty cool to hear about all this stuff that has been tried. People are thinking about it, anyway. I always wondered if some adaptation of something like this might be the answer, Michelin's Tweel:

Old 04-01-2008, 02:35 AM
1st Gear Member

Brian if ya posted that tweel pic on my phishing forum you would get the Tanker...lol ... not good.

Tennis ***** work great in the sand ... soft is goot....I just can't use them I ride too much street, he has totrailer his bike.

Besides they are cheap.....just try them and post a vid of you trying to mount the tire with them.....lol. and ride report. I'll chip in a couple bucks.

Old 04-01-2008, 02:44 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Finger Mullet

Brian if ya posted that tweel pic on my phishing forum you would get the Tanker...lol ... not good.
You lost me there, don't know what a tanker means in this context.

Besides they are cheap.....just try them and post a vid of you trying to mount the tire with them.....lol. and ride report. I'll chip in a couple bucks.
I doubt I'll try tennis *****. But I've got my eye out for something. But to be honest, I don't know why. The extra heavy duty tubes I've got in are about as thick as a wet suit. They are probably as good as it gets for $20 and so far, knock on wood, they've done the job pretty well, I can't complain. So unless something comes along that's as easy as that, I'll probably just stick with the UHD tubes. At least until someone raves on about Tubliss or something and then I might give that a try, but I'll wait until version 1.1 instead of being a beta tester.

Old 04-01-2008, 03:29 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Nobrakes
True Dat, the tanker represents a pic that been posted all over the internet and everyone has seen it before....for us phishin folks in Florida, we get lots of nasty storms while fishing offshore that can be real scary and nasty.....duringthreadsdiscussing our experiencessome noob would always post a pic of this tanker in a storm....like noone of us had ever seen it before.

Being a bunch of ruthless cracker fisherman, with a membership close to the size of the adv site, the tanker was adopted to represent any pic that has been posted before or is commonly known over the internet.

Perhaps we should have a "tanker" for the klx section...thing is ... I don't think we have a pic that gets posted over and over again here....too small a group I guess.

Here is the referenced tanker.

Old 04-01-2008, 05:33 AM
1st Gear Member

That tanker was down here. The photo was taken off Port Headland just before a cyclone hit.

Old 04-01-2008, 05:48 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Nobrakes
True Dat, the tanker represents a pic that been posted all over the internet and everyone has seen it before....for us phishin folks in Florida, we get lots of nasty storms while fishing offshore that can be real scary and nasty.....during threads discussing our experiences some noob would always post a pic of this tanker in a storm....like noone of us had ever seen it before.
Ah, so I 205'd, huh?

I'm sure it's not the first time. [&:]

Old 04-01-2008, 05:59 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: WestOzKLX
That tanker was down here. The photo was taken off Port Headland just before a cyclone hit.
Well that may be the rumor.....but that ocean is waaaaay too flat for a cyclone aka hurricane to be in the vicinity.....calm before the storm yes.....no swells .... not a F'n chance.

That's just a local thunder boomer... somewhere......radius of the clouds is too small too.

Besides .... don't cyclones spin the "wrong" way down there .... lol.

But we got an Aussie Tanker too .....notice it isgoing down under.

Old 04-01-2008, 06:36 AM
1st Gear Member

Cyclone in the Indian Ocean off WA.
Have it on good authority from Clive who was on the tanker when HE took the photo.
See here

ORIGINAL: WestOzKLX
Well that may be the rumor.....but that ocean is waaaaay too flat for a cyclone aka hurricane to be in the vicinity.....calm before the storm yes.....no swells .... not a F'n chance.

That's just a local thunder boomer... somewhere......radius of the clouds is too small too.

Besides .... don't cyclones spin the "wrong" way down there .... lol.

But we got an Aussie Tanker too .....notice it is going down under.

Quick Reply: My first enduro with a few pics.