Murphy's Law Strikes Again

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 09:38 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Murphy's Law Strikes Again

So today it was 40 degrees out and I had to return my mom's car as mine is done at the bodyshop tomorrow, so I was going to go home and swap the studs for my Cheng Shin Barracudas. Went to my parents' and dismantled the bike and got the tires off with only a few rapped knuckles. The Barracudas are incredibly frustrating to get mounted with their stiff beads (tubeless). So I get the back tire mounted and put air to it....and nothing....PINCHED THE DAMN TUBE! Changed 7 tires with no problems and then I pinch a tube! Figured it wasn't a big deal because I have a new Kenda rear tube at my apartment so I went on to the front tire.
Got the front tire broke down easy enough, had the front tire half mounted and heard a nice little hiss of air.....PINCHED THE FRONT TUBE TOO! So now it comes down to going back to my place and assembling my rear wheel with the AC-10 and grabbing the front too but by now its 4:30 and it would be after 6 by the time I'd be done running around and its due to rain/snow.

So since I didn't order new tubes to go in my street wheels it was bound to happen that I'd need them....oh well just have to order em and wait[:@]

Old 04-13-2008, 10:35 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Murphy's Law Strikes Again

That sucks man, I guess I have been lucky on my last 3 changes. Which happen to be my first 3 changes. Sorry Josh.[&:]

Old 04-13-2008, 11:06 PM
1st Gear Member

Deej you've just jinxed yourself! Go kiss a leprechaun!

Old 04-13-2008, 11:10 PM
1st Gear Member

Totally sucks dude! I'm sitting on the porch drinking a sh*t load of cold Corona's and basking in the 80 degree weather with KawiKathy. We did try chasing down a KLR650 today on the road (before I started drinking), the 13T kept me from over taking him but the KLX didn't do too bad - I'm putting the 14T back on when I get the 300 or 331cc kit - still undecided on which one. Okay, I'm rambling from the drinking (hic)...

Old 04-14-2008, 12:22 AM
1st Gear Member

What a coincidince! Me and YamaDenise (not her real name) are sitting and drinking Pacifico! I almost called you this morning to go riding, but I had a fence to paint. What a beautiful day we are having!

Don

Old 04-14-2008, 12:46 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

I got out today and rode a little bit with HardTaco and another friend. The guy with the bike just like mine said his was making a funny noise so I rode it to try and hear it and realized that his bike was waaay lower than mine. I could flat foot his KTM 450 EXC where I can barely tip toe mine. WTF? I realized it must have been that I have my sag adjustment dialed in while his is not and it's sagging way more than it should be. It's making wonder if I should get the suspension lowered so I can reach the ground better. I think that would make it better for me especially in the gnarly technical sections, because right now I have to ride like a trials rider and keep my feet on the pegs otherwise I risk an embarrassing tip over. I'm rambling now too, and I'm not even drinking. Ok, well, I'm drinking a green tea, does that count?

Sucks about the tubes, Josh. I used to do that on my mountain bike tires - many successful changes and then all of the sudden a string of pinched tubes. I began to question my ability to do simple mechanical work. Maybe try some Ultra Heavy Duty tubes - I have some Bridgestone UHD tubes in mine and I don't think it would be possible to pinch them because they are are too thick to fold. [sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 04-14-2008, 01:04 AM
1st Gear Member

I'm going to order Kenda Tuff Tubes. I just put them in my AC-10's and they are incredibly thick, 4mm walls.

Old 04-14-2008, 01:13 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: klx250s_rider

Totally sucks dude! I'm sitting on the porch drinking a sh*t load of cold Corona's and basking in the 80 degree weather with KawiKathy. We did try chasing down a KLR650 today on the road (before I started drinking), the 13T keep me from over taking him but the KLX didn't do too bad - I'm putting the 14T back on when I get the 300 or 331cc kit - still undecided on which one. Okay, I'm rambling from the drinking (hic)...

Hey Hondo, fun ride and maybe you should get the XR650L! I'm not sure the 300 or 331cc is going to give you what you're looking for! Maybe then you'll be able to keep up with me!!!

Old 04-14-2008, 01:16 AM
1st Gear Member

Keep up in the drinking or riding department girl? Hmmmm... the XR650L, my Kawi/Honda dealer says he'll give me $4k for the KLX as a trade in - mighty tempting!

Old 04-14-2008, 01:17 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bryantjt

I'm going to order Kenda Tuff Tubes. I just put them in my AC-10's and they are incredibly thick, 4mm walls.
Sounds about the same thickness of the Bridgestone ultra heavy duty.

Quick Reply: Murphy's Law Strikes Again