Mr. 2009 has left the building???

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 07:50 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Mr. 2009 has left the building???

I would wait and give the 09 a test ride IG[8D]

Old 03-26-2008, 08:12 PM
1st Gear Member

Forget the 09, I would get this 06 klx with only 251 miles for ONLY $2,699.....fromthis dealer inApache Junctio, AZ .... where ever that is. With the money you save buy a big bore and FCR.

Looks good too. It's got the green headlight that IG likes and some barkbusters

Look it even has a Big Gun with the ceramic coating ROFLMAO

Go drive down there Friday after work and pick it up Saturday and throw it in your truck and drive back SAT/SUN......or have it shipped. Better yet just fly there and adv it home....take pics and give a ride report....take a couple vacation days.

Here's the link

http://www.cycletrader.com/find/list...X-250-91862040

Old 03-26-2008, 08:38 PM
Banned
1st Gear Member

LOL, he just sold it. He said he just took it in on trade and then just sold it for what he had in it. I would've bought it had he been able to ship it. It was missing turn signals and for some reason the pipe was scratched but nothing else on the bike seemed damaged. Wonder if the pipe was bought used or something. But yeah, I would've jumped on that immediately. I think the BG pipe is the new stainless as my steel ceramic coated header was nearly chrome. Keep your eyes peeled for something like that. Obviously I'd take one used if it was clean enough especially with an exhaust and very low miles. Like the one I sold a year ago.[&o]

Old 03-26-2008, 08:46 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 09KLXowner
Nobrakes always has a logical explanation for everything, maybe he can add some light to these questions or maybe he doesn't really give a rats ****.
If I had a rats a$$ to give you know I would offer it freely.

Old 03-26-2008, 08:55 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Well I just talked to my buddy that wants the red 09 and he just got a call from the bike shop here in Western Washington, they just got one in, yea only one. When I bought mine all the dealers were getting in two at a time. I wonder what Kawi's reasoning is on that one? Oh well keep looking, I'm sure either you will find the one you are looking for or settle for the one you can find.........Isn't that a song lyric or something?

Old 03-26-2008, 08:57 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Nobrakes

ORIGINAL: 09KLXowner
Nobrakes always has a logical explanation for everything, maybe he can add some light to these questions or maybe he doesn't really give a rats ****.
If I had a rats a$$ to give you know I would offer it freely.

Here you go man. You know I'm just messing with ya. How you been anyway?

Old 03-27-2008, 01:43 AM
1st Gear Member

hey man. new here, but I have been reading here for months. I too have been waiting for the 09 to get here. Last sat. the dealership called and I was there as soon as they pulled it out of the shop. I bought my klr 250 there and looked pretty serious at the 07 and ended up not buying. The salesman knew I was pretty anxious to see the 09. He let me take it down the street. I was the second one to ride it after the service manager. No power stock for sure. My stock 04 klr 250 with the snorkle and baffle removed from the muffler has TWICE the pep. Other than that, NICE BIKE!! I am about 5'11" and I can sit flat footed on the bike. The seat is VERY comfortable. Still a little narrow, but much more comfortable than the 06 - 07. The only bike they got was the green one ( I liked the looks of the red one online) but it is a BEAUTIFUL BIKE! Mr 09, you need to wait and see this bike before you buy!!! I ride my klr on the street and highway quite a bit... not sure what I'm going to do yet, but I was definately impressed with the 09. I have ridden an 07. I really didn't care for the seat height and the narrow seat. Also, there is a NEW 06 in antlers oklahoma ( I am in Oklahoma City) for $3660.00

Old 03-27-2008, 01:50 AM
1st Gear Member

Well I seen one today in real life, An 09 that is.
It sat lower than my 07 by about an 1 1/2,
It felt pretty good but not that different except the lower ride.
It was a red one, it looked good except that hideous licence plate holder thing that hangs down about 2 feet, Yuck.
Seemed like it had a sticker on it for 4899, but I don't remember, really didn't care, I love my 07.

Old 03-27-2008, 01:56 AM
1st Gear Member

Oh ya forgot to mention it had a flat black gas tank, That was really cool, might paint mine someday if it gets scratched.

Old 03-27-2008, 02:19 AM
Banned
1st Gear Member

thanks guys for all the replies. I made an offer on the one in TN today that is listed on ebay. I doubt it will be accepted, but it is a brand new '06. Let's just say my offer is nearly $2000 less than the msrp of an '09. If accepted, it will cost me approximately $160 to drive down and pick it up. Otherwise, I will wait to see the red one in person.

Quick Reply: Mr. 2009 has left the building???