Motorcycle boots? Fox F3's?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 03:04 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Motorcycle boots? Fox F3's?

I stumbled across a 2007 closeout for the 2007 Fox F3 boots. They arrived a little while ago. These boots fit my heel very well and the toe box is just right. I thought they might be a little large since I tried on some Fox Trackers and some other brand in the cheap $100 range and some Alpenstars. Size 8's were all too small and the 9's were too big.

With these F3's, Size 9, the front of the boot at the ankle (where your foot bends) is a little tight with thin tube socks. Buckled or unbuckled doesn't make a difference. These boots aren't terribly uncomfortable there but, the pressure right now is causing a little numbness in that area (blood flow to rest of my foot is unaffected). Should I expect these boots to limber up some (they are really stiff right now since they are brand new) and for this problem to go away? Would wearing some thick socks and walking around a little bit serveral times help break them in?

The only problem I have with them is the right at the bend of my right foot in front. Everything else gets high marks for fit. These boots should go a long way in protecting my feet and ankles from a nasty fall or wash out.

Since I saved about $200, I took the chance on a 'net purchase. Local dealers didn't have anything close this quality at a reasonable price in my size so, I want to make sure I got a "reasonable fit" before I ride in them - assuming my motorcycle runs when I break them in... []

THANKS!

Old 02-23-2008, 04:16 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Motorcycle boots? Fox F3's?

they will break in some. did you try loosening or tightening the other buckles to relieve the pressure fron that spot?

Old 02-23-2008, 04:24 PM
1st Gear Member

Yes, I tried them completely unbuckled and I loosened the velcro on top for brief periods. They are really stiff so, I'm thinking that is most likely 99% of the issue. I might take them to a shopping mall and walk around in them a little bit to loosen'em up.

When they are completely opened up and i put my foot in, I feel the tightness at the top of my ankle. I guess the material atthat point in the boot needs to be broken in some more because there really isn't any flex in it rightnow. Even my heavy hiking boots were more flexible and they had a 3/4 steel shank in them!

Old 02-23-2008, 04:44 PM
1st Gear Member

use a blow drier to heat up the insides of the boots somethen geta pair socks wet withwarm water(not toowarm though)and put the boots on.get the buckles as tight as you can stand it then go take a walk. this will help toget the boots formed to your feet.
it works with hockey skates so i see no reason why it won't do the same for riding boots.

Old 02-23-2008, 09:09 PM
1st Gear Member

[sm=thanx.gif]

That sounds like just what I needed.

Old 02-23-2008, 09:16 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

I got a pair of thor quadrant boots for x mas... i have used them a few times so far...i like them alot.

Old 02-23-2008, 10:19 PM
1st Gear Member

i ended up getting the alpinestar tech 6 boots. i'm nuts about foot wear and don't mind spending the $$ for something that fits good and gives the protection that i need. i bought the f3 boots and just didn't like the fit after i got them home. after i returned them i tried on every boot out there regardless of price. gaerne,fox,alpinestar. i tried them ALL. the 6's fit the best(zero breakin time)and offer comparable protection.

Old 02-24-2008, 11:39 AM
1st Gear Member

I tried the Alpenstars and really wanted to like them. My foot was between sizes and the models with the booties really drove me nuts.

Old 02-24-2008, 02:51 PM
1st Gear Member

i didn't like the booties either. tech 6 or tech 7 is what it came down to for me. i liked the older style sole better. a friend just had his resoled when i was buying boots so i had that to consider. i didn't think the tech7 could be resoled(?) so i went with the tech6.

Old 02-24-2008, 03:04 PM
1st Gear Member

Yep, always a pain trying to find a pair of boots that fit just right without breaking the bank! I went with the AlpineStars Vectors which work for me and my type of riding conditions - 50% street/50% off-road plus they feel like tennis shoes, easy to shift with but with plenty of protection. I think I paid around $160 for them on sale.

Name:  BOOTS.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  58.9 KB

Quick Reply: Motorcycle boots? Fox F3's?