Mods are done

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2006, 07:49 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Mods are done

Hi guys,
Sorry if you already saw my posts at advrider. I just need to brag a little bit more. I finished my mods on Sunday (are we ever finished?). Here is what I did:

Installed Muzzy full system (next time I would remove my stock muff and do all the other mods before installing new pipe - duh)
Replaced snorkel with KDX high flow
Removed all the smog junk and capped hoses with rubber plugs and gasket paste (not sure what you call it).
Drilled slide to 7/64 (or #32 bit)
Replaced main jet with 125
Replaced needle with the adjustable one (clip on 2nd groove)
Replaced fuel/air screw with Kouba t-handle for quick adjusts
Fuel screw at 2.5 turns out

The hardest part? Getting the dang carb out of the bike! I learned a ton, as this was my first foray into carb changes. How does she run? Fabulous. All the adjustments are spot on. Thanks guys for going first, finding out what works, and posting the results. All your help made this whole thing simple for me (although it didn't feel that way at the time). I now feel confident that I could tackle most anything on this bike. I love my Muzzy. I have the quiet core. I think it is just right for me (sorry iowaguy )

Too bad winter is coming. It was 28 degrees F. on my ride to work today. Brrrrrr. Only a few more weeks left before the really cold air comes in. Well, she will be waiting for me next spring and will be ready to rip right out of the gate. That's all for now. Thanks again for all the wisdom and pictures. They were lifesavers!

Julia

Old 10-24-2006, 07:55 PM
Default RE: Mods are done

queenpdog,

Congrats on getting all of that done. I know how you felt. I was right at that same point about 1 month ago or so. And to answer you question, "NO" you are never done.

Anyway, I am glad to see that you installed the Kouba air/fuel screw. I saw that on their site this morning and wondered if it really fit up as well as they said. Did you replace the entire screw or did you sue their extender for the existing screw?

Thanks for the info,
Chris

Old 10-24-2006, 08:01 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

thats what id like to get the air fuel screw extender... glad it all worked out for ya... new pipe sounds awsome doesnt it... no more moped sound.....

Old 10-25-2006, 04:14 AM
1st Gear Member

The new screw from Kouba replaces the old screw. You just loosen the stock one all the way out. I put in the new one, screwed it all the way in, then backed it out 2.5. I'm gonna go take a photo right now. Will post in a few minutes.

Old 10-25-2006, 04:39 AM
1st Gear Member
Default The Kouba Screw

Here's a few pics. Plenty of room for adjustments. It was about $15 I think.

Old 10-25-2006, 06:18 AM
Default RE: The Kouba Screw

Awesome, queenpdog. You just sold one of these for Kouba.

BTW, you mentioned in one of your posts that you got the links for the maximum lowering. As I understand it, there are three links that are numbered KLX2 (drop = 0.75"), KLX3 (drop = 1.125") and KLX4 (drop = 1.5"). I think there is another link that drops it like 2 or more inches, but it does not start with the letters KLX. Did you get this super lower drop one or did you mean that you got the KLX4?

I ask because I am wanting to drop my bike by bout and inch, so I am leaning to the KLX3. I think you said that you feel you overshot the mark just a bit, so I would like your suggestion on what link I should get. I have a 30" inseam and weigh about 230#. With the stock link, I am easily able to touch on both sides at a stop. I am not on tip-toe or anything, but I am also not flat footed either - somewhere in between. I would like to be just able to flat foot or come very close.

Do you have any suggestions based on that? Thanks.

Chris

Old 10-25-2006, 08:01 AM

I also just ordered that fuel screw. Looks good can hardly wait til I get mine.

Old 10-25-2006, 11:07 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: yzkiley

I also just ordered that fuel screw. Looks good can hardly wait til I get mine.
Mine's on the way.

Old 10-25-2006, 01:05 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

i wish i would have known about that fuel screw when i did my carb stuff....

Quick Reply: Mods are done